Little and Large! took some pics this evening :)

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi guys!

i got home from uni this afternoon, and parked the A3 up next to my proper car ;)

i was shocked as to how big the audi looks next to the mini! so i thought id take a few pics :)

took the mini out for a spin earlier, and i seriously cant believe how i ever managed to drive it 50 miles a day for 2 years!

i love both to bits, and can never decide which to spend the cash on!

when the audi was standard, the mini used to totally destroy it up to 100mph, but sinse the remap, the tables have turned! my dailly driver is now faster in a straight line than my trackday toy! (surely that makes NO sense?)

anyway, sorry if theres no REAL point to this thread :) just saw them both looking so lovely and wanted to share the pics!

Enjoy!

gallery_168_26_143053.jpg

gallery_168_26_148150.jpg

gallery_168_26_53011.jpg

gallery_168_26_119322.jpg

So, do i spend the money on coilovers/ARBs/wheel spacers for the audi? or mappable ignition on the mini?

tuff one fella the mini would put a bigger smile on ya face and then again the audi will handle better .................................SPEND IT ON THE MIN.............................

P.S i owned a clubman with a 1275 on throttle bodys damm that was a fast car

tempted to spend it on the mini currently.....

got a full race 37x30 tunnel ported head to go on, along with a weber 45DCOE on a 7'' shallow steel inlet. coupled with the rest of the engine spec, and mappable ignition, it should be good for 130bhp, weighing about 630kg. its just a fair bit of cash to get it all up and running properly over how it stands now.

the audi does handle a bit like a whale compared to the mini..... so its tempting to spend money on that instead. although it was originally bought as a dailly driver when the mini got silly, its kinda gone beyond that already..... still practical, but i cant live with a 'normal' car...... theyre just too slow!

I cant believe im saying this :blush:....have a look at the mini in this months max power... 208bhp via a 1998cc four cylinder, vauxhall c20xe engine.... that would give alot of S3's a run for their money on the handling.

well ya mite as well save the big smiles for the mini and the comfert for the audi at the end of the day the mini has had loads spent on it so why STOP i wouldnt and from what you have got to go on her the smiles will be worth it

bouncer--daz said:
I cant believe im saying this :blush:....have a look at the mini in this months max power... 208bhp via a 1998cc four cylinder, vauxhall c20xe engine.... that would give alot of S3's a run for their money on the handling.

the problem is, when you stick an XE in the front of a mini, the amazing handling is lost to a degree........

an XE engined mini would DESTROY an S3 on the straights though..... most XE installations running twin webers are running around 180bhp, in cars weighing roughly 650kg!

thats 275bhp per TON! a whacking great more than an S3......

very scary cars!

Sell the Mini and spend everything on the Audi :icon_thumright:
Guess I'm biased as I hate minis more than any other car :gun2:

thanks :) the number plates took me ages in paint! i got bored.

i could never sell the mini though :( it was my first road car, and ive spent almost 4 years and £8000 building it! sure is a hoot to drive!

toxik: why do you hate minis so much? minis have feelings too you know!

righty then. off to town for some new clothes before holiday tomorow!

cheers guys.

Ah Prawn your A3 looks good and at last we see the mini you are always talking about! :cool:

As for all this technical talk, it all goes over my head! Having said that I am cleaning my throttle body tomorrow, changing my front wishbone bushes and replacing top strut mounts. :ermm:

Check me out! :)

haha

ive got to say, what a bunch of level headed beings the audi-sport members are!

i really did think that on an Audi forum, in the A3 section, that it would be a one way vote!

glad to see you appretiate the mini :) its such an incredible car to drive!

theres something about the sound of the tunned A-series sitting on top of a fully straight cut box screaming up to just over 8000rpm in 2nd gear, that the audi can never match.

i think ill go with some coilies and ARB's for the audi, then leave it as it is, the remap seems quick enough for now.

so looking forward to starting my new job so i can plough some much needed cash into the cars!

any of the mini minded people here going to be at combe in september? im aiming for a 1:25 lap i think.... reckon thats well within reach.

Prawn said:
haha

ive got to say, what a bunch of level headed beings the audi-sport members are!

i really did think that on an Audi forum, in the A3 section, that it would be a one way vote!

glad to see you appretiate the mini :) its such an incredible car to drive!

Burn the evil little mini! lol:moa:

Ballcrusher said:
tuff one fella the mini would put a bigger smile on ya face and then again the audi will handle better

eh???

A well setup mini will outhandle almost any road car all day long.

Prawn, cant believe its taken u so long to get a weber on! They are the business, you going Megajolt too??

Prawn said:
thanks :) the number plates took me ages in paint! i got bored.

i could never sell the mini though :( it was my first road car, and ive spent almost 4 years and £8000 building it! sure is a hoot to drive!

toxik: why do you hate minis so much? minis have feelings too you know!

righty then. off to town for some new clothes before holiday tomorow!

cheers guys.

I just think they look really UGLY and small, they aren't smooth looking enough for my liking. I love the way most japanese performance cars look as I like cars with nice smooth lines. Minis look like boxes (rusty deathtrap like boxes) on wheels :puke2:

They're on the same coolness level as 2CVs!

nky_84 said:
eh???

A well setup mini will outhandle almost any road car all day long.

:think:
you sound like a regular on here.. cant think who though...