Facelift lights again......

dan_a3

Reaction score
When fitting facelift headlamps what has everyone done about the bottom bracket undearneath the light? Mine wobblie like crazy becuase there is nothing to stabilise them at the bottom there is only the 2 bolts at the top. Thinking of making a bracket up, unless anyone has done anything else??

Should be a small locator that is a plastic rod at the bottom of the lights that fits into a small socket on the car.

j

When I fitted my facelift headlights a while ago I would have made up two small brackets...Didn't have any real tools tho, so I found some really hard foam (white plastic foam which were used to support a TV during transportation I guess). I took a pair of scissors and made two pieces of 12 cm length and pressed it in between the lowest part of the headlight and the topsurface of the bumper...it kinda got stuck between the lamp and the bumper...then I took a plastic strip-lock and threaded that in a hole in the lamp and wrapped it around some bolts that holds the radiator and tightened it up...

The lamp sits rocksolid...only if it gets REALLY bumpy and I drive fast the light flickers slightly, I mean you hardly notice...

Cheap mod, but a bracket would be better. Later found out that you can buy these brackets readymade from ebay...8-10 euros

hi, anyone found these anywhere else? cant fin em on ebay at the mo. got my facelift lights in the post! :)

where do you buy the facelift lights from though, and dont you need a different wire cluster of some sort or is it a direct replacement?

Yea i want to know now what is needed to get these facelifts fitted to pre facelift

Check the sticky at the top of the a3/s3 thread