EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Facelift lights again......

When fitting facelift headlamps what has everyone done about the bottom bracket undearneath the light? Mine wobblie like crazy becuase there is nothing to stabilise them at the bottom there is only the 2 bolts at the top. Thinking of making a bracket up, unless anyone has done anything else??

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Should be a small locator that is a plastic rod at the bottom of the lights that fits into a small socket on the car.

j

2nd Gear

Status
    When I fitted my facelift headlights a while ago I would have made up two small brackets...Didn't have any real tools tho, so I found some really hard foam (white plastic foam which were used to support a TV during transportation I guess). I took a pair of scissors and made two pieces of 12 cm length and pressed it in between the lowest part of the headlight and the topsurface of the bumper...it kinda got stuck between the lamp and the bumper...then I took a plastic strip-lock and threaded that in a hole in the lamp and wrapped it around some bolts that holds the radiator and tightened it up...

The lamp sits rocksolid...only if it gets REALLY bumpy and I drive fast the light flickers slightly, I mean you hardly notice...

Cheap mod, but a bracket would be better. Later found out that you can buy these brackets readymade from ebay...8-10 euros
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

1st Gear

Status
    anyone got a link for these brackets? or know what there called

2nd Gear

Status
    Here are some brackets for you...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-A3-S3-Faceli...QQcmdZViewItem

Price gone up a bit...

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

1st Gear

Status
    thanks very much mate, just gotta see if he will ship to england

Neutral

Status
    hi, anyone found these anywhere else? cant fin em on ebay at the mo. got my facelift lights in the post!

2nd Gear

Status

Can I Borrow 1.4 Bhp off anyone please

Status
    where do you buy the facelift lights from though, and dont you need a different wire cluster of some sort or is it a direct replacement?
    A3 1.8T quattro Sport - Stainless Exhaust with Sports Cat- Tints - AMD Tuned 198.6 bhp, 217.4 ft/lb - Pretty Red Calipers

1st Gear

Status
    Yea i want to know now what is needed to get these facelifts fitted to pre facelift
    2000 S3, SILVER, FULL HEATED LEATHER, 18" RS4, MILLTEK, FORGE RE-CIRC , CC REMAP

6th Gear

Status
    Check the sticky at the top of the a3/s3 thread
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Can I Borrow 1.4 Bhp off anyone please

Status
    sticky? sorry i'm new here
    A3 1.8T quattro Sport - Stainless Exhaust with Sports Cat- Tints - AMD Tuned 198.6 bhp, 217.4 ft/lb - Pretty Red Calipers