New HU instal... would I have any problems?

bouncer--daz

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!
Reaction score
Right I know this will be against most peoples personal factory look taste buds:no: but due too my limited budget its a good option for me. Im currently looking at installing this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=247453&categoryId=3144 5 into my 1999 audi A3 and for £199.99 its a bargin.:) I am currently running a sony amp and sub thats piggy backed off the standard audi amp. Im happy with this for now and I want too leave it that way. Going to take the cd changer out until I resell the car and just plug my ipod into the back of this new head unit.
Heres my questions

1/ Can anyone see me having any issues with installing this HU?
2/ Will I be able to buy a simple plug and play wiring loom for this head unit or will I have to cut one and wire it myself?
3/ Has anyone personally had one of these HU's themselves? Ive heard that when working they are perfect but they can be tempermental.

Would be very greatful for any feed back:icon_thumright:

(Note: posted this thread in the ICE forum aswell but wanted specific A3/S3 owners advice aswell)

u got bose in your car?

you will need a wiring loom deffo, u can get em off flea bay just there are different ones for bose and non bose because of the way the speakers are wired up... so long as u have the correct loom cant see u having any problems...andy mac is the guy to b talking to about ICE installs. he may b along to shed some more light on it!
HTH