Turbo intake pipe , anyone know where i can get 1

nick-barnes07

Reaction score
as in title , i am looking for one of these ,
chargepipe.jpg

its not the standard one , thanks , nick

and how much it will cost , also , do u notice a difference , some one told me u get a bit more torque , and a better sound

nick-barnes07 said:
and how much it will cost , also , do u notice a difference , some one told me u get a bit more torque , and a better sound

You do get a different sound...more of a sound of pressurised air rushing down a pipe, type noise.

As for gains...it's highly unlikely you'll get any gains...maybe on a big turbo car, or on running a K04 flat out...but even then there are other restrictions in the inlet system that need to be removed before the turbo pipe becomes a restriction.

I never saw a direct gain with my modified pipe.

That picture doesn't look like a TIP, it looks like a charge-pipe.

there was a thread on these about 2-3 months ago - and are only just out of the testing stages from what i remember? Someone on here has one fitted to their car though. They're also about 600 quid IIRC...

cheers guys , just rang them , gonna order one in a min , gotta get all the bits on my car before it goes down to mrc , after its been there i am getting a k04 and getting it sent to turbo technics to get it hybrid'ed , they reckon it capable of 320-330 bhp , we will see , cant see it making them figures myself

madvw said:

there was a thread on these about 2-3 months ago - and are only just out of the testing stages from what i remember? Someone on here has one fitted to their car though. They're also about 600 quid IIRC...

£600 , :faint:

madvw said:

It's a turbo outlet pipe, or charge pipe. It's me that has one fitted, and I paid no where near that much. £100 inc delivery. Second hand, but even new I wouldn't pay much more.

nick-barnes07 said:

umm, i think i must have got that wrong then by the looks of the original thread!! I'm sure though that it was something like that when people on seatcupra.net started posting about it. £100 aint bad really.

Thats almost as cheap as some of the OEM plastic hoses that my corrado vr6 used to chew through.

i payed for one today , will be here in 10 - 12 days , i will get some pictures uploaded when it arrives