Identify an object in my boot

S3 NIK

Reaction score
Whilst in the process of re loading the cd multichanger in the boot, which i have done once before, i couldn't work out what the changer was sat on.
It's located in the LHS storage compartment in the boot by the way.
The mystery object is looks like a speaker of some sort but probably its not that ,as this would be a strange place to put one would it not?
The RHS storage compartment doesn't have one so i'm a bit confused.
Anyone else got something similar?
Nik.

I'm no ICE expert so i guess that can only be a good thing ?

Smoke Breather said:
Bose twin 4" subs at a guess

It might not be a bose sub, I have one in the back of my car as its not bose

As far as I know, if it has an audi emblem on it its not bose, if it has 'bose' on it then its obviously bose.

Don't recall any emblem. Will have another look tomorrow.
Assuming it is a speaker of some sort, whats the point in hiding it in a cubby hole.
Nik.

Ed said:
It might not be a bose sub, I have one in the back of my car as its not bose

As far as I know, if it has an audi emblem on it its not bose, if it has 'bose' on it then its obviously bose.

More storage space in the boot with it tucked out of way IMO. Not a bad peice of kit but still not the best.

I can understand the boot space point of view but putting a speaker in a cupboard seems a bit pointless.
Nik.

Smoke Breather said:
More storage space in the boot with it tucked out of way IMO. Not a bad peice of kit but still not the best.

Dont view it as a speaker but as a subwoofer although size kind of makes that hard to believe.
Low frequency isnt as directional nor affected by objects as much as higher frequency speakers such as cabin ones which is why it can be hidden away to give you more boot space.