wheel spacers, what to go for?

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
was looking at the car yesterday and thought how much it really needs wheel spacers. How far does everyone take the wheels front and back? Can someone recommend some and where to get them from please? Thanks

hubcentric 10mil a side (narrowest proper hubcentrics you can get I think) on the front and 20 mi, a side rears.
this is with 8j et 32 18 inch wheels, fills the arches a treat.

ive got 15mill front and back makes the wheels fill out the arches realy good also with standard wheels looks like its on steroids...lol

DPM said:
10mm front and 15mm rear H&R is the norm for S3's!

This is what most use on standard size wheels (8" wide, et32-35). If you get those Sportec's you're after, (8.5" wide, et30) then you'll want 10mm all round to stop any arch rubbing.

ChriS3 said:
This is what most use on standard size wheels (8" wide, et32-35). If you get those Sportec's you're after, (8.5" wide, et30) then you'll want 10mm all round to stop any arch rubbing.

Hmmm, i'd have to disagree Chris. I'm running 8.5x18 LM's on mine with 15/10mm.

What's your offset? My 8.5x18 CH's rub with 10mm spacers, front and back. Ess_Three's given me enough abuse about it in the past (show not go, etc.). I'll admit it only really happens with I'm driving pretty hard, but the evidence is there on the tyres.

My 8x18 et35 RS4 reps rub the front arches with 16mm Eibach spacers too.

i have 15mm on rear, nothing on the front, thought mine looked a bit chavtastic with 10mm on the front, rears definitley need 15mm on the rear though.

et35 with 15mm rear kinda balances the look of the car out.

I have h&R 10MM HUBCENTRICS + bolts left over if anyone wants to make me an offer, only put on the car for about 20 mins.

PM DPM for a price, i did the same last week for the same reason! Good price too! Thanks DPM