EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Centre Arm Rest

Does anyone know how to take the centre arm rest apart ? I had my car broken into over Xmas and they wrenched the arm rest up breaking the release mechanism so now it is stuck in the up position. If I can get it apart then I may be able to do a temp fix until I can get the car booked in.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: S3 Centre Arm Rest

Thanks Chaps

I will have a look later and let you know what I find. I didn't want to just start taking things apart.

1st Gear

Status

Re: S3 Centre Arm Rest

hi all [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Al B has covered how to remove your armrest quite well in the post below, also if you do a search i'm sure other people have had the same problem with their armrests

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...mp;o=&vc=1

ADP
    Neutral

Status
    Sorry to drag this one up - but I too have the same problem - does anyone have a working link on how to do this?

Most annoying the arm rest is locked up, have removed arm rest from car ok, but after that...........

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ADP
    Sorry to drag this one up - but I too have the same problem - does anyone have a working link on how to do this?

Most annoying the arm rest is locked up, have removed arm rest from car ok, but after that...........
    Hey there dude, if your armrest is stuck in the upright position i.e. the button mechanism has broken then have a look at my site, I have a lil instruction thing for a DIY fix up. Hope it helps:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Armrest.htm
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

ADP
    Neutral

Status
    top man, thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Well Thanks for that just saved me having too post this very question!! i actually took off the washers holding the rest on the shaft and managed too get mine down!! but was frightend was gonna break it. everytime i put it up again its stuck! how does it unbolt from car??
    its a niggling problem! Hopefully your solution will fix it
    Cheers