Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

standard brakes and pricing

Just had my standard rear brakes done 2 new discs and brake pads, how ever asked Audi up my way for a quote and there said Ł289 all in decided to shop around and the cheapest was hahahaha Halfords Ł106 inclusive with fitting, only catch is Halfords in Teen Valley retail park is the only Halfords with a garage work bay on premises in the country, just thought it may help any 1 with a none modded bog standard S3, I didn't want to pay a lot as I'm getting my brakes upgraded shortly saved me self a few quid though and any one else who lives local.
    Last edited by Utrinque-Paratus; 7th June 2007 at 20:54.

2. # ADS
    ADS

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status
    Havnt done the discs myself but ive been told they are easy enough... the pads I easily done mate... takes less than an hour. Save yourself £100

1st Gear

Status
    I live in the Stockton on Tees area and i use Ron Turnbull in boro.
    His prices seem reasonable and he wont rip you off.
    I take my S3 there and a mate at work takes his TT there and neither of us have had any bother.
    Cheaper than Volkswerk!

What colour is your S3 as i dont see too many around.

Nik.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrinque-Paratus
    Just had my standard rear brakes done 2 new discs and brake pads, how ever asked Audi up my way for a quote and there said Ł289 all in decided to shop around and the cheapest was hahahaha Halfords Ł106 inclusive with fitting, only catch is Halfords in Teen Valley retail park is the only Halfords with a garage work bay on premises in the country, just thought it may help any 1 with a none modded bog standard S3, I didn't want to pay a lot as I'm getting my brakes upgraded shortly saved me self a few quid though and any one else who lives local.

Neutral

Status
    I paid Ł40 notes for labour the discs where 49 and pads where 17 how ever was gonna do it my self, but did not have the caliper removal tools which cost 39.99, I watched the guy do the job so next time I will do it my self considering ile prob need 10mm spacer's for the brake sys and wheels I'm going to obtain thought it was a reasonably price considering, and with it being brakes didn't want to take chance of bodging job up, appreciate the feed back and prob look into Ron Turnbull myself cheers, ref car its Nog Blue face lift only mod is dv valve, and just dolled the callipers up me self silver just finishing the two front alloys refurbishing wise courtesy of posts put on here, cheers for feed back will come in helpful.

Neutral

Status
    I take my S3 to Falcon Engineering and Development on Skippers Lane.

They work on some serious cars there and really know their stuff. A real professional outfit too. Not cheap but you know your car is in safe hand. They always go the extra mile and wash your car too. They've won all sorts of awards for detailing and show winning cars. I'm not that keen on Turnbulls and Volkswerk.

Try Falcon, you'll know what I mean as soon as you get there.

(I don't work for them BTW and I'm not on comission ;-))
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::

Neutral

Status

Falcons skippers lane

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt102
    I take my S3 to Falcon Engineering and Development on Skippers Lane.

They work on some serious cars there and really know their stuff. A real professional outfit too. Not cheap but you know your car is in safe hand. They always go the extra mile and wash your car too. They've won all sorts of awards for detailing and show winning cars. I'm not that keen on Turnbulls and Volkswerk.

Try Falcon, you'll know what I mean as soon as you get there.

(I don't work for them BTW and I'm not on comission ;-))
    Tony have there got a website by any chance ????.

Neutral

Status
    For some reason, they don't...ridiculous in this day and age. I've said they should get one but they are in the middle of building a massive new premesis on the land next door.

If you go down there, there is a chap called Steve, I think he and his brother own it. His brother has a S2000 which they've done a supercharger conversion on. Have a look under the bonnet and you'll see what their quality of work is like. Totally amazing! It's up to about 380 BHP I think he said.

Like I said, not cheap but cheaper than the stealers. Plus you know they are actually doing the work they say they are.

I'm going down there on sat with a mate of mine. He takes his M3 there and swears by the too.
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::

Neutral

Status
    Cheers will def look into that lol

Missing the S3

Status
    the caliper removal tools which cost 39.99
    wtf Ł25 from halfords is what a paid for the caliper removal tool, i think its even cheaper from gsf.

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    £20 from GSF.

You can change brakes with:

7mm allen socket or key.

18mm Socket

a Hammer

a Posidrive screwdriver.

A flat bladed screwdriver

Thats all you need for the fronts, if you want to do rears as well, thats where you need the caliper tool, and as said £20 from GSF, or £25 from Halfords.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

thats me

Status
    and it can be doen without the tool just a little harder tio do, I aslo use a G clamp to push the front cylinders back as I find it more controled ( oh and easyier lol)
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    You CANNOT do the rears without the tool though.

And if you have the tool, might as well use it for the front too....
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

thats me

Status
    you can do the rears with out the tool, well ive done a granada while on holiday without the tool and they are the same design. you just push and turn using plyers pain in the ass but possible
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    PM me for some prices on rears.. see what i can sort