Look what arrived!

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
Finally after much jealously and envy of other people's Chrome mirrors, I now have some! And so happy with the look!! :rockwoot:

So I took some photo's on my phone, after I fitted them at work today!

A must have on any S3!

Mirror-1.jpg

Mirror-2.jpg

Mirror-3.jpg

are they the ones of ebay? do they just clip over the existing mirrors?

Nice matey, looking good.
I've been toying with some of these for mine, only problem is my S3 is silver and I'm not sure its really worth it. What do you think? :icon_thumright:

Stunning m8 where there easy to fit ive read a thread saying you have to do it at 18 degees C or above something to do with the plastic being more plyable, is that correct also are the mirrors chewy to take of ?, just wondering as im gonna try to fit some me self, there def compliment the looks on your car :applaus:

Just do it!

I hadn't heard the temperature tip, dam!

Dont look like you had any probs though and nice job looks stunning,
cant wait to do mine ;)

Nah it was a bit of a fiddle, but no real problems!

You will be super happy with the results!! :)

How comes some of them are chrome and some are matt silver? What's the 'real' ones (so to speak)?

emzino said:
How comes some of them are chrome and some are matt silver? What's the 'real' ones (so to speak)?

The real ones are fabricated from a block of chrome and will cost you in the region of about £499 from an Audi dealer expensive.

not to my taste really, but they are suprisingly mirror-like for painted plastic.

"block of chrome"? close... the OEM are either solid aluminium or some other alloy. They are then dulled to remove their reflectiveness. I don't think they're brushed, as the rs6 ones are, more like sanded or something.

Hmmm i'm kinda with ya. So are they reflective or not reflective (matted)?

emzino said:

I believe up 2001 you had only had a choice of chrome or body colour, but from 2001 onwards I think there was a option of brushed, chrome or body coloured! (not 100% sure, but no doubt the brains will be here soon to correct me)

Either way chrome is the daddy! :) (sorry Nick!)

They look really good mate and that camera on your phone is pretty good too!

The standard Audi ones are cast aluminium I think and then polished. I wasn't aware that you could get shiny chrome look mirrors as OE. I was looking at a new S8 the other day and they have plastic caps on them....£72K and plastic wing mirrors....Shocking!

When I mean chrome, I mean polished look! Of course they are OE!! :faint:

Look good mate
Mine came with body coloured mirrors and in the end ordered a set off ebay germany...but it was painted plastic complete mirror covers, they were very good quailty but not what I wanted really

Bought the real thing off ebay for wait for it....£80!!

so is there anyway to tell if the mirrors are geniune or not. Mine are polished metal.

madvw said:
not to my taste really, but they are suprisingly mirror-like for painted plastic.

"block of chrome"? close... the OEM are either solid aluminium or some other alloy. They are then dulled to remove their reflectiveness. I don't think they're brushed, as the rs6 ones are, more like sanded or something.

yep well spotted meant Ali, was at dealers other week enquiring about mirrors was giving info and price was told there casted from a block of ali hence that's why they so expensive, and I personally think the chrome ones rock really compliment the car.

Jampublic - So are they plastic or genuine mirror covers? No-one seems to have confirmed that yet...

And why do you look like one of the Wayans Brothers? ;-)

Dave - what are you on about? Wayans brothers, please explain or am i missing a joke? :(

In the reflection of the mirror, because of the warping, it looks like you have prison white trainers, and jeans that have the belt somewhere around your knees, like all of the characters in "don't be a menace to society whilst drinking your juice in the hood".

I thought it was funny anyway.... ;-)

Ah Dave I am with you now, great film!! :)

Just took a quick look at the photo again and yes it looks proper ghetto, funny!