Short shift kit

S3 AD

Reaction score
I havnt seen that much mention of short shift kits so thought I would make a recomendation if anyone is interested in them.

I was at APS at the begining of the week (and got great service as normal :icon_thumright: )

One of the things they fitted was a HPA short shift kit, if is a little more expensive than the forge one I have seen available, but I am very inpressed!

The gear lever now has a little more weight to it and some of the notchie-ess has gone. It takes a little addapting your driving style but in no time feels better than standard.

I can highly recomend APS and the HPA kit.

I believe there is an American outfit that makes one and it's the dogs. I can't remember what it is called though someone will be along soon to fill in the blanks. Accept no substitute apparently.

dieselgeek seems to be the favourite.

I modified my own by drilling the bolt hole for the "L" shaped link at the base of the lever about 15mm lower down then lopping 30mm or so off the top of the lever. retains the original compiant feel but mucho reduced throw.

this of course is on an S4 but i'm sure it can be done on others, takes about an hour and costs naff all.