Volks AutosSky Insurance
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139

    How many Goodwood Greens on here?

    Just did a search on goodwood green and the last posts are about a year old?!!

    Anyone else got a goodwood green S3 on here?

    I wasn't sure about buying this car until I saw it in the metal and love the colour!!

    I love Oak Green on mkII gti 16v golfs
    I love British Racing Green in general
    It seems to be a rare colour

    For those three reasons I love my goodwood green...all the other S3s I see on the road are black, ming blue or silver!!

    Anyone who has one with some mods then show them up!!

    Will

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Mine...by the way!!




    When I got it and before it's had a decent clean!!

    Just bought some Dodo Juice carnuba so when I have the chance it will get a very thorough wash and polish!!!

    Will

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  4. #3
    mk1chopper's Avatar
    Missing the S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,095
    heres mine


  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    it looks yellow!

    hahaha
    I like the idea I am a fan f dark green to, but its flat clour iIRC and would be so much nicer as a metalic or pearl

    Anyione remember the escort cossies in malard green,,,,, oh my word!!

  6. #5
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    I saw one only the other day, on a 51 plate in Reading!

    I think its is a great colour, looks good!
    J


  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampublic
    I saw one only the other day, on a 51 plate in Reading!

    I think its is a great colour, looks good!
    Couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon? If so, that was me, picking up the buyer of my VR6!!

    It is a flat colour but polished up in the sun there is a little bit of metallic in there...

    I've just invested in some decent polishes and waxes to try and acheive the 'wet look' in the paint which makes flat colours look good!

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  8. #7
    S3IZZO
    Guest
    I like the colour too, it's different as you say...there is a stigma surrounding green cars and their "bad luck" though and many people don't buy green cars because of it...perhaps has a little bit to do with its rarety?
    Last edited by S3IZZO; 7th June 2007 at 15:43. Reason: typo

  9. #8
    bouncer--daz's Avatar
    A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    543
    Just too prove how unlucky green cars can be, as a result of sum idiot thinking it would be a good idea at 2am in the morning too let a heard of black cows out onto a main road for a practical joke. My little old rover I had while in college met a nasty end. Imagin 10pin bowling with a heard of cows and my car. Result of which 2 cows dead... 2 injured.... and 3 cars wrote off.... thats 3 seperate crashes along a 100yard stretch of road. It was pitch black and you just couldnt see the dam things. I did have a good supply of beef burgers for the next couple of months though


  10. #9
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyWill
    Couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon? If so, that was me, picking up the buyer of my VR6!!

    It is a flat colour but polished up in the sun there is a little bit of metallic in there...

    I've just invested in some decent polishes and waxes to try and acheive the 'wet look' in the paint which makes flat colours look good!
    A while back, you where on your own heading out of Reading on the A329(m)!

    Still you?
    J


  11. #10
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer--daz
    Nasty crash!
    J


  12. #11
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO
    I like the colour too, it's different as you say...there is a stigma surrounding green cars and their "bad luck" though and many people don't buy green cars because of it...perhaps has a little bit to do with its rarety?
    I heard the same, something about dusk or dawn they are hard to see! I had a Green Fiesta RS1800, great looking colour and lovely little car!
    J


  13. #12
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Jampublic...yeah that may well have been me!!

    I think it's because they are camoflaged against the trees so statistically there may be more 'unseen' accidents?

    I love the fact people say they are bad luck but then say they love British Racing Green??

    I think the green needs the chrome on the car to make it stand out. All colour coded and black would make it very dull imo

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  14. #13
    Jampublic's Avatar
    Taking it easy..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reading, SE
    Posts
    972
    Well PorkyWill you where spotted, now pay attention and go to the spotters section and look for yourself!!
    J


  15. #14
    bouncer--daz's Avatar
    A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    543

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyWill
    Jampublic...yeah that may well have been me!!

    I think it's because they are camoflaged against the trees so statistically there may be more 'unseen' accidents?

    I love the fact people say they are bad luck but then say they love British Racing Green??

    I think the green needs the chrome on the car to make it stand out. All colour coded and black would make it very dull imo
    Definately agree with the chrome with the green....looks stunning together..... got a point too think though...british racing green...... on a german car?!? lol

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer--daz
    Definately agree with the chrome with the green....looks stunning together..... got a point too think though...british racing green...... on a german car?!? lol
    Ha!

    You missed my point! People in general say green is bad luck but when you are into golfs people praise you for Oak Green and any British 'sports' car in British racing green is a 'proper' racing colour and a great choice...just kinda contradicting if you ask me!!

    If you show someone a lovely old Jaguar or the like in British racing green then they will say how lovely it looks but if your car is not a classic British sports car then it can't be green??!

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  17. #16
    S3IZZO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyWill
    I think the green needs the chrome on the car to make it stand out. All colour coded and black would make it very dull imo
    Agreed, I think my new rims would look so much better on your car because of the colour and mirror polished finish of the wheels....not that they'll look terrible on mine of course

  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO
    Agreed, I think my new rims would look so much better on your car because of the colour and mirror polished finish of the wheels....not that they'll look terrible on mine of course
    Hey mate, I only wish I could afford LMs!!

    Keeping eyeing up the polished 19inch Lms for sale on Edition38 but am no way going to spend that sort of money!

    I think the new RS4s are the ones for me, love them...either that or the RS8s...I know they get slated a lot but I love them!!

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  19. #18
    S3IZZO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyWill
    Hey mate, I only wish I could afford LMs!!

    Keeping eyeing up the polished 19inch Lms for sale on Edition38 but am no way going to spend that sort of money!

    I think the new RS4s are the ones for me, love them...either that or the RS8s...I know they get slated a lot but I love them!!
    I was actually talking about the 18" BBS RS's



    They're being polished and chrome power coated at the min.

  20. #19
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Bloody hell!!

    They are a bit special!!

    Can't beleive you have those and LMs!!

    Just seen some 18 inch Abt sportslines on ebay...so tempting as I had these on the VR6!!!

    Love them!!!

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  21. #20
    bouncer--daz's Avatar
    A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    543
    Personally I thing the alloys SITRIALS has on his would look stunning on a green car.... even more chrome!

    Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

  22. #21
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    139
    Yeah I love Monoblocs as well....I'm really after the OEM/OEM+ feel for the wheels...

    Goodwood Green 2001 AMK S3
    AMD remap
    Miltek cat back exhaust
    Viper DV

  23. #22
    ADP
    ADP's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    44
    Didnt realise it existed, mind you they did the RS4 in a similar colour.

    Sorry not my bag, but its different for sure!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO