Just got the car serviced and....

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Had a few questions on things I could do to check the work was properly done. Ok it was the 60,000k service I changed the lot, cam belt & tensioner, water pump, changed haldex oil & filter change. and the usual longlife service inspection. Now how can I check if the below parts have truly been replaced:

1) cam belt & tensioner

2) water pump

3) Haldex oil, on this one I've got more questions. Is the car supposed to feel really light after a haldex oil change? cause mine feels soo different all of a sudden, I mean jerking the car right and left seems to bring the back in either faster or smoother than before (if that makes sense) just wanna know how your cars feel after a haldex oil change?

Other than that I checked the engine oil my self and seems to have been changed to some nice new clean syrup. The reason why I'm being a bit anal is because VW told a friend of mine that they did a haldex oil & filter change and it turned out they did nothing. (Oh and they forgot to stamp my service book, so I'm going back tomorrow) any feedback appreciated. I will post the service details in that other section for anyone who wants more details :beerchug:

you wont feel the haldex oil change. maybe check the drain plug and see if its be removed/replaced??

s3ollie said:
you wont feel the haldex oil change. maybe check the drain plug and see if its be removed/replaced??

Disagree have always felt a big change when haldex oil (and esp filter) are changed. Back cuts in alot faster, far more responsive in keeping things in check....

..Ollie, maybe you havent been pushing hard enough :)

cant say i felt the difference when i had mine done. maybe they didnt do mine either :keule:

Dunno how you could tell about the tensioner, but if your 60k sevice wasnt too long ago, pop the cambelt cover, and turn the engine until you can see the writing on the belt, it should still be bright - if its not, or if its not there then be worried.

S3_MCD said:
Disagree have always felt a big change when haldex oil (and esp filter) are changed. Back cuts in alot faster, far more responsive in keeping things in check....

..Ollie, maybe you havent been pushing hard enough :)

That's what I would have thought. I guess it has been changed as I can see the rear much more responsive from before. cheers

rodenal said:
Dunno how you could tell about the tensioner, but if your 60k sevice wasnt too long ago, pop the cambelt cover, and turn the engine until you can see the writing on the belt, it should still be bright - if its not, or if its not there then be worried.

Cheers again, I would have thought that's the easiest way to check if it really has been changed, :beerchug: