No S3 for me:(

costas

Reaction score
I have been trying to import the 1st s3(8l) in cyprus but i failed:( No dealer seems to be up to the task. The last one i spoke to last night told me that to import me an s3 he needs 1.5k profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus tax, plus shipping, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc etc etc. so today i went and found my self a tt mk1 with the same engine imported from uk a few days ago....

i know it's not the same but it is as close as possible for us here. The problem now is that the car is a W registration with only 50k miles and at a very good price for its age/miles...

is there any way of telling if the car has been clocked?(wrong forum maybe?)

best bet is to call a UK audi (or any vag) dealer with the engine code and UK registration. They'll be able to tell you it's VAG history and the milage at which it was done.

this'll only work though if they've had the work done at a VAG dealership AND they've entered it into dialogue.

thanx madvw. thats what i was thinking about as well. Chances are though that the car was at a vag dealer only during its warranty period. so if it run out before it got close to 50k miles... 30k let's say, theres no way knowing(i think). if the main dealer here has the car connected to the computer, cant he tell if the car has been clocked?

Nah most methods of 'mileage alteration' are not traceable.

Other than the audi route your best bet is to go on condition, component wear i.e seats, door feel and your own gut feeling, also mot's if say one year it does 15k then does about 3k the next, but has the same owner that coudl be suspicious

Thanx guys i really appreciate it. I just took it for a drive by the way:racer: and i was quite impressed!!!:) if everything turns out ok the only thing remaining would be to ask a further reduction for cambelt change

If you HPI it then this will give you the miliage history from past HPI checks...

Costa if the dealer wants that much money would it not be cheaper to fly here, buy the car in person then ship it back yourself? I dont particularly know about importing just a thought.