A couple of photos for the critics!

looks great like car the colour and grill:icon_thumright:

That looks verrry nice.:hubbahubba:
Didnt know you could get 3 rear headrests.

is the car black or ming blue ?

how much did the grill cost you ?

and did the mirrors come with the car ?

my a3q got three headrests:)

rickparmar said:
is the car black or ming blue ?

how much did the grill cost you ?

and did the mirrors come with the car ?

It's black, I sprayed the bottom and top grills myself with satin black from Halfords. I got the wing mirrors yesterday.

I'm glad you all like it, I just have to tint the windows slightly and get my plate on then she is done looks wise.

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Wow! That car looks amazing! :hubbahubba:

How did you get that finish?

Do you mean the shine?

If so, alot of elbow grease and s car shampoo. Also I have this great stuff a friend gave me. Which i'm going to use this weekend.

It'a all about the shamy. (Spelling?)

Yeah the shine, mine looks good but never that shiney, I use auto glym on it and although the paints a kinda charcoal it only looked like that when I bought it! The chamois? I guess I need to get one then I never realised it made that much of a difference I let mine dry in the shade for an hour or so then polish and wax it. Thanks for the advice mate!

P.S. Loving the surround, love subtle changes to a car nothing gawdy and that looks great.

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Yeah the shine, mine looks good but never that shiney, I use auto glym on it and although the paints a kinda charcoal it only looked like that when I bought it! The chamois? I guess I need to get one then I never realised it made that much of a difference I let mine dry in the shade for an hour or so then polish and wax it. Thanks for the advice mate!

P.S. Loving the surround, love subtle changes to a car nothing gawdy and that looks great.

No no no, I might be a bit anal about the old car cleaning thing but you can't let is naturaly dry! If it's a dark colour also then definatly not. The drying in my opinion is the most important part. Water and polish do not go together as you well know. Also for the wheels a old tooth brush and the turtle wax wheel cleaner and a hose. When I had my wheels off I used that technic and they were like new.

Much appreciated, I'll do that friday when I wash it! Hopefully have it sparkly like that. Out of curiosity how much work was involved in getting the grill like that?

Very nice mate, a lovely looking example. Looking forward to seeing a few more piccies of this. :icon_thumright:

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Much appreciated, I'll do that friday when I wash it! Hopefully have it sparkly like that. Out of curiosity how much work was involved in getting the grill like that?

You know what, I thought it was going to be a nice easy job but no!

To get it right you need to get some nice roungh paper and rub it down. It takes ages when done right. I think I did about 5 or 6 thin coats leaving a good amount of time between each coat. The only other thing I will recommend is spray a coat or two of lacuer after, because it looks like I'm going to have to spray it again. Shouldn't take as long this time though.

Also the grill comes off real easy just give it a what I would call a "technical wrench".

Hope this helps.

nickelvery said:
What do you think please. :)

Looks clean Nick!

I am confused! :(

De-chrome the grill and then get chrome mirrors? Errr surely keep the grill chrome when you have chrome mirrors!! Then a stealth look is black grill and black mirrors!

Maybe its just me, I love the chrome look! :(

Looks good buddy. Are they gen mirrors?

Oh, and the third headrest was an option for those that would like to know. Don't think its easy to retro fit to seats that dont have it but should be easy to swap entire seat back if you can find one with correct matching trim.

Spacecowboy said:
Looks good buddy. Are they gen mirrors?

Oh, and the third headrest was an option for those that would like to know. Don't think its easy to retro fit to seats that dont have it but should be easy to swap entire seat back if you can find one with correct matching trim.

Well spotted! Missed that..:lazy:

Really? So somebody bothered to add a third headrest option on my lowly 1.6 sport??

Don't know about anything other than S3's I'm afraid! May have been standard on them or not. Looks good but compromises visibility out the rear. The solution? Just drive faster and keep everyone behind you.

those wing mirrors are looking VERY matt in finish? Don't look like OEM S3 ones....

Jampublic said:
Looks clean Nick!

I am confused! :(

De-chrome the grill and then get chrome mirrors? Errr surely keep the grill chrome when you have chrome mirrors!! Then a stealth look is black grill and black mirrors!

Maybe its just me, I love the chrome look! :(

I agree but I think with the lights being very chrome in colouur and the audi badge on the front being crome I think it works.:)

I anyone has a good detailed pic of there S3 wing mirrors it would be great to compare them.

Looks good. Like the wing mirrors was going to ask what they are from.

Chamois!!! NO Waffle Weave towel for drying. Chamois = Scratches ;)

twist said:

Waffle weave?

Never heard of it, quite surprised, must have a look.

twist said:

Absolutely! You also need two buckets ( one for suds, one for rinsing your mitts), a lambswool mitt for the bodywork, and a microfibre mitt for the wheels and sills.

Chamios - bad bad bad.

Two buckets? I got one bucket for one side, one for the other and a hose to rinse off in between. Whats this about waffle irons?

Love the grill mate, my S3 is Ebony black and i'm tempted to do my grill the same :icon_thumright:

What are you all going on about?

Waffle? oh dear!

Chamios - bad?

Nick when we get the cars side by side, we can compare!! chrome vs stealth black look! ;)

Jampublic said:
What are you all going on about?

Waffle? oh dear!

Chamios - bad?

Nick when we get the cars side by side, we can compare!! chrome vs stealth black look! ;)

I think they are talking about irons!! :jester:

We shall see young grasshopper, stealth will win the day!!

I have those brushed ali mirrors on my S3 as opposed to shiney chrome ones.

Would also be interested to know if someone has added RS mirrors to my car.

yaxd.jpg