Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: Smoking Brakes

2nd Gear

Status

Smoking Brakes

This morning on-route from Notts to Lincoln there was an accident and part of the A46 from Newark was closed, already running very late, I was forced to go cross country Colin McCrae style [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Things were going well and it was bloody good fun, then I got to a T junction. I pulled up behind another car, stopped and then noticed smoke pouring from the front sides of my car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I jump out to take a look and there was smoke pouring from my brakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] The smell was horrendous, and they weren't feeling very well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

It just reminded me of how bad the brakes really are, I did a similar drive last week with the Cupra R with no effect on the brakes at all!

Looks like it some APR pads now, and see how they go before upgrading to drilled disks if required [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Has anyone else experienced similar with their brakes?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Smoking Brakes

Smoking brakes eh? You tried Niquitin CQ? They are transparent, so should not invalidate the warranty [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img]