hazard light question again

Effect

Reaction score
After having a fault come up on the ECU saying a crash sensor had activated it occured to me that this may have caused the hazards to come on.

Where exactly are the crash sensors located on an S3 and can I just reset them ?

There are usually two crash sensors.

Lateral - only if you have side air bags.
Longitudinal

Not quite sure where they are located but can you tell from the error code which sensor is involved here?

Also, activating the crash sensors is the easy bit. Resetting them often requires a bodyshop.:)

dont know if its a crash sensor or not, but when i took my bumper off there was a plastic clip with some wires coming off of it on the bottom at the near side. Dont know what it is though.

dan_a3 said:
dont know if its a crash sensor or not, but when i took my bumper off there was a plastic clip with some wires coming off of it on the bottom at the near side. Dont know what it is though.

if it's the same as the b5 a4, then it'll be the external ambient temperature sensor. Or i could be thinking of a mk2 golf again...

the crash sensors are in the cabin, and depending on the age of your car, there will be either 1 or 2 sensors. Later cars had the combined lat and long sensor. Have a search for crash sensor, i dont want to give the wrong information.