few pics of my S3

One of the pictures is Teri Hatcher walking a dog?!?

Car looks good but the grille makes baby Jesus cry.

a3quattroturbo said:
take that grill off:no:

why? so it'll look like everyone else's S3?

sorry, like to be different

thanks for all the negative feedback

I was trying to be dilpomatic about it as you didn't ask for feedback but I have to say I agree with everyone about the grill. All that matters is that your happy with it, its your car!

Tom,

It's absolutely your car. To do with as you like. If you like what you've done (and I'm sure you do otherwise you wouldn't have done it) then thats good enough reason to do it.

It's just that it is very different to the standard grill and thats why I expect some don't like it.

Personally, I think it looks ok.

P.S. What's with the links you posted above. They're certainly not of your car.

that grille looks horrific, no offense, but it looks like someones made it themselves.... good choice on an S3 though, you're going to love it!

is it just me or does that grill look a bit rover-esque!!

In my opinion badgeless grills are for chaved up boy racer cars that are trying too hide their crappy origins... 4 example... crappy french saxo's. Audi is a car and badge to be proud of so why on earth would you take it off? Ive taken off the "A3" and "1.8" badges off the back of mine to make people wonder what it is... but that audi logo is too important to be removed....:no:

Hi Tom, nice looking car but I'm not keen on the grill, it'd look better with a black grille (meshed black would be good) because that silver thing stands out too much (btw I'm not one of these ppl that likes stock cars). :thumbsup:

Prefer the pic of Terri Hatcher to the grille!! Have to agree with the comments. Don't believe you really want to chav up such things, just my opinion...........

smart car mate i think if the grill was sprayed black with an S Line badge on, itd look the biz!

not scared off mate. probably wont be back that much though after that very warm welcome.

i'll stick to the modified car forums, much more open minded people, and probably more in my age group than the old farts on here.
plus i dont really want another load of abuse when my next modifications are finished, and from the comments ive had about a grille im sure there will be even more.

i'll remove my pics so they dont cause any more offence.

have fun guys

:bye:

I wouldn't worry what anyone thinks about your mods,its your car and if you like it thats all that matters.
Keep posting pics of future mods.
Just out of curiosity what have you got planned???

Why is it that people come on here showing things off and they get all ****** off and stropy when you point out the obvious?

Oh, and Sitrials, I still don't like your wheels ;)

sitrials said:
:idea:I'll try that jedi mind trick!
You think the wheels on sitrials' S3 are ''COOL''
its probly more like the hypnotist on little britain!:shrug:

Trust me, that'll never work on me when it comes to monococks. Besides, my girlfriend is already freaking out over the amount I've spent on 'cleaning' my car for Inters. If I started liking another set of wheels, I'd be single.

Just take it on the chin Tom. If you like your car, who cares what people say. You'll always keep critics when you're different. Keep the pics coming and stay proud of your motor! Give us good get mate!

I like your rims sitrials! Very euro! as for the grill on tom's S3 i do agree with spraying it black or too keep that precious audi logo I value so much why not spray the grill black with an audi stencil on there too leave the silver logo:idea: ..... the effect would look abit like the grill on the sportec a3 http://www.sportec.ch/pages/inc/getGalPic.cfm?medid=290&dom=2
take all the banter as constructive criticism tom... its only ment to be light hearted:friends:

This site is great. Atleast the people on here are honest, we are just looking out for your best interest. We wouldn't want you rolling around looking silly now would we!! :tocktock:

It saddens me to think that everyones responses has driven this guy away. Was that grill really that bad? I don't think it was. Surely everyone can't stick exactly to what most consider to be the norm.

Having said that, if you post pictures of a mod and nobody likes it then I personally wouldn't take offense and leave.

The guy obviously spent time and money getting the car to look like that and it's his car and his money.

I'm sure that some would disagree with some of the mods i've done to my car but I couldn't give a monkeys. I like what I've done.

Looks like this guy was just a little too sensitive. Shame on you all.

i would hope everyone on here mods thier cars to there 'own' preference anyway hence the comments of 'others' shouldnt offend or cause people to leave? i've seen far worse feed back on here with regards to other sujects an it all seemed to be taken on the chin?

some people rightly optimise cars to enhance there own enjoyment of them..
unfortunatly some try an optimise there cars to try an win the approval of others!

do what you want with it but post it publicly on here and exspect (and welcome) feedback its the heart of why a forums interesting! people with similar interests shooting idea's about!

Too right. How many times have people posted pictures of sheds and we've all laughed at them? Hell, there's even a chavved-up sticky thread! Somebody somewhere loves these sheds and have spent time and money making them that way. I'm not calling your car a shed, toms3, just drawing an analogy.

This is a public forum, free speech, you pay your money you take your chances, caveat emptor etc. It's just a shame he took it to heart and left.

if i were to put something on my car and show pics of it, and people didnt like it I wouldnt get upset and leave, bit childish IMO

I think everyone should just :yes: and :salute: to everyones pictures.... :ninja: