Chips for New People!

simondavidr

Reaction score
I know i know this is probably the most common question posted here. I clicked on the link to Jabba Sport who say their re-map will raise my '98 1.8T to 195bhp which i think for £475 is a ****** bargain - however has anyone done this particular re-map and is this the most power i can get from my engine (without killing it!!) just with a chip?? Is there another chip which will take it over 200bhp?? Has anyone had any dealings with Jabba Sport - comments??

Cheers Si

Cheers for the advice guys i was looking into replacing the DV with an aftermarket serviceable item anyway - probably go for a Bailey item. Also does anyone know if S3 bumpers fit 1.8T and are they available aftermarket?? I suppose its a £££££££ Audi job!!

Si

Update - have replaced o.e dv with Bailey item and even fitted it myself!! HAPPY DAYS - i am now a whoooshing and a ptttssshing down the road. No performance loss that i can detect and looks lush under the bonnet.

Also found new chipping company a friend of mine uses - www.upsolute.co.uk chip and work is £305.00 inclusive and they travel to you!! I live inear Bristol and the guy was gonna drive down from Derby!! FAIR PLAY!!! Can also specify switchable chip fro extra £110.00.

BARGAIN BASEMENT