Revo, Clutch, Ouch.

creepy800

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently Revo'd my 2001 210 S3 (51000mls). I immediately changed the coil packs, DV and panel filter and it had the cam belt changed at the same time as the re-map. Car was serviced 2000 miles ago by audi and has never put a foot wrong.

Now it feels as though my clutch is slipping but I can't be certain. It only happens between 2500rpm - 3500rpm and only for around 500rpm. I have read previous threads and this all seems to be in line with what has been suggested.

The one thing that sticks in my mind though is that the engine warning light has come on last time it 'slipped' and I have never had this warning for a clutch in any car before? (The clutch activating a warning light has not been mentioned in any of the threads I have read on this) Is this normal? This 'Slip' is also accompanied by a fairly alarming noise also.

Really don't want to have to spend money on a clutch to find it is something else ( especially as that something else is bound to be cheaper than a new clutch)

Any suggestions would be appreciated - even if it is just stop moaning and go buy a new clutch.

Thanks.

well first port of call is surely to go and get the ecu read ?

I've been and had the fault codes read and I've been told that they relate to the faulty coil packs which I have now changed. This seemed strange that I could drive the car for a week without the warning light on and then have it appear at precisely the same time as this 'slip'. Surely if the fault codes were relating to the coil packs then the light would have been on since they malfunctioned then got replaced over a week ago?

I'm afraid that sounds just like a slipping clutch, which is not uncommon after a remap. The engine warning light must be something else.

Your clutch symptoms are *exactly* what happened to mine post-remap. Solution = uprated clutch for £900 fitted.

Thanks - Was hoping for an easy get out by way of MAF or TIP but I think you're right. The tuners who did the remap are telling me to go for a standard clutch. Is this going to be good enough?

I've had a remap and my standard clutch is ok
and I give it death

Does anyone think that it is possible for a clutch to adjust to a remap and settle in?

I think my MAF needs replacing too.

What I mean is does a clutch 'settle in' of its own accord and get used to the new power?

creepy800 said:
What I mean is does a clutch 'settle in' of its own accord and get used to the new power?

I don't think so. If it's slipping it will only get worse. Mine had good days (when it didn't slip) and bad days but eventually it became not worth driving so I upgraded.

Get an independent garage to test drive it and see what they say.