A3 Seats....new in old...?

bouncer--daz

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!
Reaction score
Hi Guys... right I happen to be the proud owner of my sexy lil 1999 A3 which I love too bits. The one thing that lets it down though is the electric blue cloth seats....seriously... they burn your eyes with how bright they are.:faint: Anyways after looking round on ebay alot Ive noticed theres alot of real nice interiors of the new shape A3 going for cheap prices...:idea: and as Im personally not a fan of leather interiors:no: and the selection on interiors that were brought out for my model are quite horrible I was just wondering if any of your guys had fitted the new interior in the old shape? Im aware this may be impossible for the rear seats but Im more curious about the front seats..... any comments? :icon_thumright:

You mean the facelift interior? Any 8L 3 door A/S3 interior will fit in any 3 door car. 5 door seats can only go into 5 door cars as they dont have the lift function to get in the back

Ahh, cant see it being easy at all, its a whole new car so seats are unlikely to have the same fittings etc

If it is possible to fit then i would look around scrap yards.
Last month I saw a smashed up A3 similar to mine (pre face lift though) at a local scrapy, front was ruined but the back was fine, seats/boot etc, so may be worth having a look around for a real bargain!

make sure ur seats dont have airbags in as mine have in the side...might cause a light to flash up on the dash, same if ur buying from a scrappy...the bags might be faulty...jus a thought.

basically i dont wana put leather seats in mine.... i wondered if any1 had tried to fit the 2004 model front seats in say for example my 1999. I know it wouldnt be a straight swap... just wondered what would have to be done.