DIS - Service in ... miles

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
When i bought my car a few months ago it had just had a service but the DIS came up saying it had 600miles to a service. I have now done a thousand or so miles and now its saying service in 200miles. Why do the millages not match and is it just a case of reseting with VAGCOM?
Nick

I think this is the variable servicing, you'll have to wait for someone else to confirm but just to allay your fears for now hah!

TheSpaceCowboy said:
I think this is the variable servicing, you'll have to wait for someone else to confirm but just to allay your fears for now hah!

yes, it re-checks itself every 300 miles and adjusts to your driving styles.

when serviced and re-set it will read 9000miles until it has a bit think

You can reset it yourself by messing with the controls around the cluster and something on the stalk....sure someone on here knows how but I can't for the life of me remember off the top of my head.

it says how to reset in the the handbook using the buttons on the dash, but i cant get it to happen on my car. i think you need the full vagcom to do it

as said above, its on variable, and is only a guide really. When it needs a service, it'll say SERVICE!!. Mine stayed on 1500 miles for 2 months last time. It's even possible for this milage to go UP rather than down.

To reset a variable servicing car properly you'll need vag-com at least. Resetting using the dashpod will not reset the miles to next service.

when reset properly, it will say something like ----, then 7500 miles. After a while of driving it'll re-calibrate as per your driving style.

I had 9000 -> 8800 -> 8000 -> 8300 >7300 in the space of a month and about 400 miles!

shineydave said:
LOL, you're not driving it enough Dave. come with us to Edenburgh in the morning, that should sort it out

Very funny! Maybe the car is going out by itself overnight!

Got into it this morning and it's down to 800 miles now