S3 Heated Mirrors?

Spacecowboy

Reaction score
Does the S3 have heated mirrors as standard or as an option? I've seen a few advertised with. I'm pretty sure mine doesnt although I have been told otherwise! If so, how do they activate?!

If the control to move your electric mirrors is on left or right it doesn't heat up..has to be in the centre

what? centre of what. I thought they were all on the door handle??

ya confused me as well, im sure mine are heated i have the controls on the drivers door.

Jonesy said:
ya confused me as well, im sure mine are heated i have the controls on the drivers door.
The controls move your mirrors but if its pointing to left meaning the left mirror your in control of and you leave it in that position it will not work and yes they are located on the door by the window controls

he means the switch, u turn it left to control the left mirror or right to control the right mirror, if the switch is neither in the left or the right position but in the center, then the mirrors will heat up,

hope that helps

I thought they were standard on all S3s?

Pretty sure they work automatically. In cold weather you can see the steam coming off them when you start the car on a cold morning.

Mine just seem to come on automaticaly when its cold. i don't know wether they are standard in europe and an option in the UK? They are good to have here in the alps when its minus 20 outside as well as heated seats.:yes:

depends on the model, some have a tiny pic of a heating element in the centre position of the switch and as stated above the centre position heats the glass but i believe others come on when the temp drops below a certain point. god knows why they decided to fit 2 different systems

They're standard, all A/S3's have em - sometimes the element burns out tho on the mirror glass thats prob why some of urs dont work

Only on a facelift - on a pre facelift they're on when its below 3 degrees or somethin

Thanks all. So comes on, on a facelift, when heated screen is activated. So position of the switch is irrelavant on facelift I assume?

Just to confirm that, on my car some git had smashed my wing mirror, I replaced it and apparantly the old mirrors were constantly on and so burnt out quickly where as the new mirror glass has a thermostat so it comes on below I think 3 degrees, was good this morning, started the car and the mist on the mirror started steaming away! (Pre-Facelift)