Chris NottAH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

Why does my climate control keep tripping out to ECON?

This is driving me crazy... does it all by itself. The system has been re gassed and it still happens. In rainy weather like our current sumer in Scotland, I cant keep the windows clear.

Any offers?
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I had this problem, turned out the system was losing gas due to a small leak, would take 2-3 weeks to get to a low enough pressure to automatically turn off the air con to save the compressor

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks Jon, when I had teh system re gassed for the first and only time, the amount put in as a top up was very very small. Do you know what happens between the switch and teh compressor?

If I press the switch to cancel ECON, it stays off for a while then trips again.
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

Neutral

Status
    When you turn the econ off, does the compressor start? If it doesn't, the clutch could be stuck or low on gas as mentioned.

If there is a fault in the system, it will sometimes automaticaly turn the compressor off. Have you had it on VAG COM yet?
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::

3rd Gear

Status
    When I turn ECON off the compresor starts (all condensation on the windows clears). Is the clutch easy to service? Not been on VAG-COM yet.. its intermittant but annoying

Neutral

Status
    I know there places which will service/recon the unit but you'll have to remove it. The compressors are usually made by a company other than audi and may be used in several different applications. Once you've found the manufacturer, you can find schematics online. I did this on an old pug a few years ago to repair a short inside the compressor. Don't really know much adout the Audi compressors, sorry.

Neutral

Status
    I think the first and cheapest thing to do is get it on VAG COM.