A3 Indicator Problem

madmonzsta

Reaction score
Hi, Im having problems with indicators at the moment. They come on for a few 'flashes' then stop working whether turning left or right. Sometimes they only come on for about 1 flash or 5 or 7 etc etc. Hazard lights work fine when pressed. Is it a problem with the indicator stalk and related connections or could it be something electrical ? All advice will be appreciated.

Cheers

99.9% indicator relay.

hazard and indicator relays are in the same place, but are separate.

Had exactly the same problem with mine, its the hazard light relay which is incorperated with the switch, about 30 quid from Audi. Relatively easy job to do, bit fiddly though.

thanks for that lads. So i presume I just need to replace the hazard warning switch ? Is it just a case of removing the faceplate around the switch unplugging old switch & stickin new one in ? Any tips on removing faceplate without damaging it ?

Cheers

Can you clear this up form me please: I have the same (or similar problem). Are you saying there are two relays, one for normal indicator use and one for hazard use, and they are both housed within the indicator switch? This would make sense as my indicators rarely work but the hazards work perfectly.

Thanks............

clcollins said:
Can you clear this up form me please: I have the same (or similar problem). Are you saying there are two relays, one for normal indicator use and one for hazard use, and they are both housed within the indicator switch? This would make sense as my indicators rarely work but the hazards work perfectly.

Thanks............

Yes, there are 2 relays - one for the hazards, one for the indicators.

They are located BEHIND the hazzard light button - the button plugs directly into the relay block.