Boost gauge to an S3

Mike.M

Reaction score
Has anyone added a boost gauge to an S3 and if so how difficult is it?

I was thinking about that the other day as well!

Anyone?

Installing a boost guage is relatively straightforward. The problem on the S3 is where to locate the guage. Some people have mounted them in one of the air vents, but you obviously loose the use of the vent, I have also seen some mounted on top of the dash, but again that leaves holes.
I have mounted mine on the A-Pillar using a Revotec holder, however I also bought a replacement A-Pillar cover from Audi (~£17)so that when I sell the car there will be no mounting holes showing.

Hope this helps

Regards

There are a number of places you can connect to, personally I have Tee'd into the line that runs to pressure regulator on the right hand side of the fuel rail. Its a 5 min job to remove the existing clip, insert a T-Piece with a small piece of hose and re-attach to the regulator. You then need to run the boost hose back through the bulkhead and into the cabin. This is also a bit tricky as finding routes thru' the bulkhead are not obvious.

regards

Thanks for that info.........any chance having a pic of the engine bay connection, as I can not picture the hose you are talking about?

Could be me being blind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ive gt one on my A3 mounted in the tray under the ashtray, its very visible and the gearstick doesnt block it. I got it mounted there so it wasnt ruining the dash, didnt reduce visibility and is still easily seen. Ill try and get some pics later.

As promised, pic of connection point, apologies again for the crap photography, but the digital camera I have is really naff! However you can see the pressure regulator on the left and the new bit of tubing running to the jubilee clipped T piece where I pick up the original line to the regulator and Tee of for the boost guage.

regards

I'm just thinking, I would need a +2bar boost gauge, because I was told that remapped S3's boost to 1.7bar, then drops back to 1.4bar.

Does anyone know the boost pressure on a standard S3?

S3DBW - from your profile, you say you are running +0.2bar. What is your reading on full boost?

What is the maximum boost you have heard being used on a K04 turbo?