What do you think about this?

Looks nice mate, only thing I'm not sure about are the tinted rear lights but what do I know! Definately needs lowering though, get that done and it will look tons better. :icon_thumright:

Sorry mate, but you asked for feeback ... I don't like the back of it at all. From that angle the back window looks black (front window looks good though), I also don't care for the removed badges, wide exhaust and blacked out lights.

I think the A3 is a good looking car as standard. Subtle mods can improve it I agree.

What A3 is it? TDI? 1.8T?

Sorry mate another no no on exhaust, lights. Like the tints but you should put the audi badge back on!!!

the black lights do make the back end..well very black....think it needs something tp break it up a little. spot on from the front tho

Agree with the above comments, the A3/S3 is a cracking looking as standard and sutble styling mods are the way forward. All i've done to mine is light tints on the windows and a Cupra R splitter and thats all I'm going to do. But it's your car, do you what you want to it.

Strange looking car IMO

Post facelift front, weird rear, S3 wheels, prefacelift sport steering wheel, post facelift sport gear nob, and SE leather seats?

Imo get rid of 90% of those mods and just get the remap

Peace :cool:

like the car, hate the rear light.

Such a personal thing car styling isnt it.

Good job on the rest of the car.

Like it all, except rear lights I'm afraid.

Interior looks top, where did you get the TT grab handles from?

Sorry, just realised that one aint even your car! Just call me dingus!

Anyway, anyone fitted these grab handles, they look pretty nifty

Tastyterrier said:
Sorry, just realised that one aint even your car! Just call me dingus!

Anyway, anyone fitted these grab handles, they look pretty nifty

Mate,

they are mine.

doddle to do, just a mare to get hold of

jas

silver75 said:
Strange looking car IMO

Post facelift front, weird rear, S3 wheels, prefacelift sport steering wheel, post facelift sport gear nob, and SE leather seats?

Imo get rid of 90% of those mods and just get the remap

Peace :cool:

Steering wheel. gearknob, TT grab handles and seats are mine :rockwoot:
So he has got rid of them, fairly sharpish.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

QUATTRO_REP said:
the black lights do make the back end..well very black....think it needs something tp break it up a little. spot on from the front tho

Looks nice mate, but i have to agree with the above, it needs braking up a little bit

s3ollie said:
can you still open the glove box??:think:
yes.

They look a lot better in the flesh. And also work very well for a right-hand corner.

The gear surround and knob were also e-bay specials....

jason

lol looks like my tinted tail lights aren't very popular at all, I guess it's just down to preference :)
I do see what you're saying about breaking up the back end though,
it's actually a 1.9 TDI (PD130) - it's a custom exhaust by MIJ Performance.
Do you think I should go for a Cupra-R spoiler? I think it might suit :happy:

I dont like the rear lights mate IMO get some facelift lights on there that's what i did.

Exhaust looks good tho, although im a bit biased as i have an oval style on mine.

Other than that Remap a must and get it lowered!!

Have fun...

Jason

LOL.

You know yu can get GENUINE Audi facelift lights from Euro Car parts for £45 a piece.

They look nice.

I can see why people associate lexus style lights with chavs (and saxos lol). In general I think just the same thing - you see a lot of cars with lexus lights on and 80% of the time they don't suit the car very well at all. So it's really easy to just think 'all lexus lights are **** and chavy'.
I bet Lexus owners get a bit annoyed :lmfao:

I have however seen a few cars that lexus style lights suit very well (and I don't just mean lexus's either).

Basically what I'm saying is don't just look at the lights, look at how well they go with the car before judging them. (I've done a rough photoshop onto the back of my A3 and I think they go quite well imo). The same applies to quite a few mods really - just because they're popular chav mods, doesn't mean they're wrong or stupid. All it means is that chavs just get it wrong and don't think about how these mods will suit their own cars.

For example: Skyline Lights look really sweet... but not on a metro - if all chavs stuck skyline style lights on their metros then we'd all think '******* crappy chavy skyline lights' - and we'd probably want different lights on our skylines because they look 'chavy' :)

We all have our own opinions anyway and I'm grateful for all the feedback you guys gave back (it's actually quite helpful to me).

Disclaimer: I'm not a chav nor do I pretend to know how the chav mind works, the above comments are based purely on observation of chav culture.

:jester: Hum... what an interesting debate!

I think it's great that you have taken people ripping your choise of mods. I would be very upset if anyone said it to me but it's great to take from it.

I think it's all about the OEM lights. They look the best in my opinion. Plus as Dave rightly points out they only cost 45 a piece.

I'm always weary with the lexus style lights, there are very few that work in my opinion.

I agree that the stock lights look nice, it's just I like to customise my car so it looks a little different from every other A3 :)

Can someone post a link to these 'facelift' lights please so I can check 'em out?

Cheers! :icon_thumright:

They look pretty much the same as the stock ones except the red is a bit darker. Could have done that myself with half a can of tinting spray :ermm:

They are slightly darker, Nicks lights have a slight tint.

Pre-facelift, which yours looks to have been:
rear_matt.jpg

See Nicks as above for post facelift, but usually they are lighter like so:
vbpgimage2.jpg

Yeah sorry I should have mention they have been tinted with a spray can. The previous owner did this and I'm going to get new lights to replace them. Just look at the bottom picture from Dave, isn't that the best look?!!!

The lights in the bottom pic were my lights in their original state :meeting:
Yes they do look nice but like I said I like my car to look different from a stock A3 :)

you can get rid of that tinting spray if thats all it is?
theres a solution that inpro sell which basically eats the paint and leaves the light even if they went dull you could maybe laquer them to shine them up a bit!
i now prefere all the PRE Facelight Lights i'm not sure why!
allthough the rears keep jumping out at me!

the solution InPro sell only works on glass, if you spray it on plastic it eats the plastic. S3 lights are plastic. Go on, ask me how I know ;-)

Even if I wanted to remove the tint, the plastic would look dull anyway because to get the best finish with tint you have to lightly sand the lens first (so the tint sticks better) then you laquer it after spraying the tint on so the tint doesn't gradually wipe off ;)
Anyway I don't want stock lights remember? :)
I think I've got my mind set on those other black lexus lenses now - they won't look chavy... much :cool: