Tatty Parking Sensors

Smoke Breather

Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the past couple of months the centre two parking sensors on my S3 have started to to look a tatty, to the extent where they have now totally lost their paint and stand out like a sore thumb!! Can they be "touched up" and would I need a special paint to stop them going mental all the time? If the worst comes to the worst how easy are these to replace and any idea how much they would cost for new ones?
Cheers people :)

Don't think mine are painted. They are fitted into the grey bumper strip which means that they were matched already without painting...

This happened to one of my sensors. I touched it up with a black felt tip as a temporary measure.

You can get a new sensor from the dealer. You'l have to replace it if you want it looking perfect.

could someone take a pic of there parking sensors on the car

Wouldnt mind doing this mod once i get a S3

Yeah mine are the same, fitted into the grey insert on the rear bumper. I'm not sure if its a paint or some sort of anodised grey finish on them, but whatever it is is coming off on the middle two and looks a ******, like some one has stuck two plate washers on my bumper! Its really doing my head in now and ruining the look my my pretty much mint car.

rickparmar said:
Wouldnt mind doing this mod once i get a S3

just get one that has the option factory fitted?

rickparmar said:
could someone take a pic of there parking sensors on the car

img06312jy7.jpg