1.8t exhaust centre section

Emmo

Reaction score
I have got a remus backbox for my a3 1.8t and am looking for a centre section now. I bought the Remus as i've had remus exhausts on my last cars and the fit, finish and sound is superb.

there is the option of having a straight through pipe from the cat to the backbox without a silencer or one with a silencer on it.
I just wanted to find out how much louder the noise would be with out a silencer in the centre?

I dont want the exhaust to be loud or drone when cruising at motorway speeds, just want a nice subtle deep tone.

What have the rest of you guys got and does anyone have pictures or sound clips, I've not heard what an aftermarket exhaust sounds like on a 1.8t.

anybody got anything to say about what aftermarket exhausts you have on your a3/s3?

i had a miltek cat back with a straight through cente and section not much louder than standard then i decated with a straight through decat pipe and sounded fantastic and not to loud but the good thing is you could here the turbo spall up and gave a little more grunt now ive gone for a full costom rear box it sounds crazy..........hers a vid with the miltek straight through and decated pipe and its befor i had thr remap and custom exhaust.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ballcrusher/?action=view&current=JimSantaPodOct06.flv