JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance

Thread: S3 Washer Jets

Neutral

Status

S3 Washer Jets

Should they be heated? I'm fed up with a smeared windscreen and no windscreen screen wash when it's freezing. I've tried anti freeze screen wash additive but makes no difference after it's been freezing.
    I had heated jets on my last couple of cars and they are well smart. Being able to clear a smeared windscreen in freezing conditions is a must.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: S3 Washer Jets

I would say yes.

I had to try and get one of mine out of the scuttle panel to try and clear a blockage, and couldnt because of the very short wire that went into it.

that was on my 2002 S3, i assume my 2003 S3 is the same.

Reverse Gear

Status

All A3/S3`s have heated jets I`m sure.
    its more likely to be frozen in the bottle/pipes, the antifreeze in screenwash isn`t that strong. The stuff i use has to be used neat to get -25c protection.

3rd Gear

Status

You could always check the fuses too I guess? (ie. make sure they're actually heating)

1st Gear

Status
    By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hole in the Wall not the International one!)

S3's Have got heated Washers, what I would do is to always use the Audi Screen Wash as on the S3 the washers are of the fan type and if you do not use a good quality washer fluid the fan jets will block. If the car is not to old then go to the dealer and get them to check it out.
    I was in Scotalnd and over night the temperature droppped to -15 degrees and that's cold!! In the morning I started the car, thoughtlessly pressed the screen washer and no frozen washers and they did not freese at all the time was 9.00am and the temperature was a positively sub-tropical
    -11 degrees!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

OK chaps. I think I'll get them checked. I'm talking about temps just below freezing. In extreme conditions for this place like 15 below then I would have expected them maybe not to work but this is like 2 and 3 degrees below and they freeze.
    Cheers
    Ian
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]