boost controller

You can control the boost via Revo SPS3 from inside the car via the diganostics port...Revo costs £500~, SPS3 costs £200 IIRC. (You can also adjust the timing etc and have an anti theft mode where it disables the car completely)

MBC's have there place. If running an N75H, you can use it to set a ceiling on boost. Can stop surging in some applications.
Yanks use them with the diode mod, but its a bit cheapo.

That looks like a bleed valve to me, and the only place they ought to reside except on the shelf is on an RS turbo.

I woulnd't bother with an MBC unless you have the mapping to suit. Too risky. If you remove the N75 and put that in, you'll get errors as the ecu can't get the signal it expects. And like Chris says, that looks more like a bleed valve. If you want mad spool ups, then shorten the actuator rod.

The N75 is the little electronic valve that controls the boost. You can change it to a J version, but its not without risk/hassel. The N75J can give you an extra 0.05barg of boost but it won't change the fuelling. It can also put your car into limp mode. I'd say its better to get the mapping to control the boost. Others may disagree.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=4578

S3IZZO said:
You can control the boost via Revo SPS3 from inside the car via the diganostics port...Revo costs £500~, SPS3 costs £200 IIRC. (You can also adjust the timing etc and have an anti theft mode where it disables the car completely)

I have revo but no SPS3 can i just buy the box or do i have to upgrade the revo software as well.
if you can alter the boost will it change the other setting to match eg fueling, accordingly?

would my revo be set on a middle of the read setting then?

ChriS3 said:
If you want mad spool ups, then shorten the actuator rod.

I not necessarily wanting mad spool ups just looking at what is possible.

What are the bad point of shortening the rod?

s3ollie said:
I have revo but no SPS3 can i just buy the box or do i have to upgrade the revo software as well.
if you can alter the boost will it change the other setting to match eg fueling, accordingly?

would my revo be set on a middle of the read setting then?

You can just buy the Revo SPS3 (Someone was selling one on the forum earlier today)

You can change the boost and timing independantly of each other for various grade fuels etc:

More info here: http://www.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SPS3_advancedUserGuide060406.pdf

Well Hello Again! Nice to see chris and glenn are still here!
Like chris says messing with the n75 is basically a waste of time.Get a decent remap,loads of boost and let the ecu sort it out,it does a good job of keeping the engine alive.

Ryanc said:
Well Hello Again! Nice to see chris and glenn are still here!
Like chris says messing with the n75 is basically a waste of time.Get a decent remap,loads of boost and let the ecu sort it out,it does a good job of keeping the engine alive.

Hey Ryan. Long time!

How's the new car? Missing the S3 yet?

New car is good when i get time to drive/track it. Actually don't miss the s3 at all (strange as i dedicated so much time on it). I see the same old questions and answers on here as usual! Does glen come on here much anymore? Are you two going to inters?