S3 Upgrades - Remap Questions

smilne

Reaction score
2001 210PS S3, 50K miles

Just got my RS4 replica's on last weekend and am well happy with how the car is looking, now i'm looking at getting a re-map at starperformace in scotland. Just wonderiing if anyone has any experience of them and also if there are any other things i should be looking at getting done at the same time, eg hoses upgraded etc

any advice is welcome,

Cheers

Thanks Guys,

one other thing i have been looking at is whether it would be a good idea to change the cambelt and water pump before the re-map, i have read several threads stating to change it anywhere between 50K and 115K miles but i don't know if it has been done.

tried to phone Audi where all the servicing was done before i bought the car but they have changed hands and only have general details of when the car was in for work and how much it cost, they can't tell me exactly what work was carried out which is a bit of a pain in the ***!

Cheers

You'll find loads of threads on this topic - best off doing a search. Basically I'd do it as piece of mind more than anything and make sure you do the water pump at the same time. It really depends on when it was last done. 1-3 years assuming average mileage don't bother. Anything over may be best getting it done.