hid lights on facelift headlights what bulbs will i need???

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
i got a 2000 x reg a3 1.8t with facelift lights an wanna fit a hid kit...could someone tell me what bulbs i will need as ime not to sure as the bulbs in atm are xenon's if ime right in saying??? and also if anyone has fitted a hid kit to facelift lights did you remove the ballast for the old xenons or did u just unplug it an leave it in???

thanks

Go and check to be sure but i think its H1 - if your lights at the moment are xenon and not halogen then one of those kits is no use as the fitment is for a halogen bulb.

Have a look it should be fairly obvious what type of bulb is in there, if u get stuck then take a pic

As far as i know, if you have factory fitted xenons you'll only need some d2s bulbs, i'm waiting for my 8000K for my headlights as well :D already changed the foglights

o rite thanks for letting me know should save me some cash and time not having to fit everything. where can i get the bulbs from then...ebay i guess??? also what bulbs will i need for the foggys ???

well here in my country i bought them from a guy who imports them.

for the fog you'll need an h7 kit, the only issue i've found with it is where to mount the left side ballast, becuase the opther one i've manage to get the cable to the engine bay but in the left side the IC is in the way

sorry i didnt realise where u lived..silly me ive had a look on ebay and have found some bulbs but they are a little more money than expected they are £45 a pair plus p&p and are only 6000k rated whereas i realy wanted 8000k but o well ill keep looking