AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Slick 50 or similar

Does anyone recommend using slick 50 or similar stuff to reduce the friction of the engine and possibly prolong the life of it.

My S3 is on variable servicing so will it affect the durations and will I need to chnage the oil to compensate for the additional oil.
    I use to sue it on my Golt GTIMkII and I think the engine never loosened up by the time I sold the car at 80K.

Please advise

Many thanks in advance [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sucemabite

Status

Re: Slick 50 or similar

I am convinced that Slick 50 saved the life of my dear old Golf MkII and would recommend it. A mate of mine put it in the engine about 3 months before it was due for a service, just cos he swore by it. When the car was serviced the cretins forgot to tighten the sump nut.

Consequently, the engine dropped its entire oil contents onto the A50 that night whilst I was doing 140kph or thereabouts. I didn't realise what had happened and continued to drive about 5 miles to home. When I realised I
    expected the thing to be completely fecked - cylinders rattling like an old skeleton. But no. I replaced the oil the following morning and to my complete amazement it was fine. I can only conclude that Slick 50 saved me from having to buy a new engine.

That was about 5 years ago and the old Golf is still going strong, with about 175k on the clock now.

As a symbol of my gratitude I now name all my slippers "Slip 50s" cos I wear slippers when I go to the pub.

6th Gear

Status

Re: Slick 50 or similar

LOL, I'd got it for my MK1 golf and it silenced the engine considerably. I used it on my Mk2 golf and it silenced the hydraulic tappets on that. I did read than you can drive without oil as you did and it shouldn't damage the engine. Not recomended though!!!