which one is the better chip? ABT or Oettinger

tennisguy

Reaction score
I am a new guy here. Sorry if I asked stpid question. I recently finish the styling with my A3. I would like to have a performance chip for my car (from 150BHp ----> 195Bhp).

My friend reccommend ABT chip, he said that it delivers more torque than Oettinger's. Is this true? I need expert's advice about this. If both brands are not good please reccomend other brands for me.

Thank you very much indeed.

Well Dude, I'm not sure about the Abt program, but myself and Gambba (As well as fatcat's Diesel) have the Oettinger remap and I'd definately recommend it. But you'll want to look into some dyno graphs first, so you can see HOW the power/Torque is produced. My Oettinger graph is in the Performance Graphs forum. One other thing I'll say about the Oettinger program, it's smooth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Under normal driving conditions, you can barely tell it's chipped. But when you need/want that extra power, it's right there ready for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to ASN, and I hope this gives you something to think about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks NikoS3.

How about fuel consumption? How much will it consume more?

My average consumption, which i think is fine, is about 12.5L/100km and drops to 10L/100km, maybe less in the highway. It all depends on the way you drive actually. If you floor it all the time then you expect the consumption to go sky high. On full throttle, the instant consumption, according to the DIS, goes to approx. 50L/100km!!!!

My brother's 225 TT that is chiped from Superchips has an average consumption of about 13.5-14L/100km...

Nikos.

[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:
How about fuel consumption? How much will it consume more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this will always be a strange one to answer, as I find that I am more inclined to give a bit more of the right foot these days, which obviously has an adverse effect on fuel consumption. I can say I use far too much fuel for my liking, but boy do I have fun using it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Agree with you too Gambba. It will be fun for me as well driving those things as I have a bad habit kicking down quite often.

According to both of you, I think the fuel consumption rate is not bad.I will certainly enjoy it pretty much.

Thanks both of you.

One thing I might add on the fuel consumption bit.... since my AC compressor decided to join that big junk pile in the sky, my mileage has actually IMPROVED quite a bit, I've got a good 110 kms one way to work with it being 98% autobahn. Now, with traffic and road conditions keeping me between 120-140 kph, and revs just at or under 4k, my consumption has started averaging 8.8-9.2 l/100 kms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif Whereas, I WAS averaging at least 10l/100kms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So I'm thinking that when you're not thrashing it (Which to be honest is only when I CAN'T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) mileage is actually IMPROVED since chipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif