Quick help needed - brake advise

bantam1

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a second hand brembo GT kit and have some pics. Not very good at this and would like an opinion as to whether there is any life in pads and discs from the pics I have been sent.

Can anyone who might be able to give an opinion P.M. an e-mail I could forward the pics to (not sure how to put them up here) asap.

Thanks a lot in advance,

B.

P.S. any idea how much replacement discs and pads for a GT kit would set me back?

PICS NOW BELOW - CHEERS

Pads are something like 115+vat for the OE Galfer(sp?) items or 90+vat for Ferodo ones, Disks are 100+vat each from your local Seat dealer or 350+vat for a pair of OE Brembo crossdrilled ones!

jojo said:
Pads are something like 115+vat for the OE Galfer(sp?) items or 90+vat for Ferodo ones, Disks are 100+vat each from your local Seat dealer or 350+vat for a pair of OE Brembo crossdrilled ones!

Do the cupra R discs from Seat fit the GT Kit? It was just I was reading some old threads where you needed replacements but it seemed to suggest that Seat supplied discs wouldn't work with the GT Kit?

Similarly are the Cupra R pads OK with the GT kit?

Sorry confused now.

Cheers,

B

Post the pics of the discs and pads up here - pads are easy to tell, just look at the wear.

Discs arent hard either, just look at how dull they are really, might not be able to tell from a pic

OK think I've figured out how to post pics - sorry there's a few!

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

brake3.jpg

brake4.jpg

brake5.jpg

brake6.jpg

brake7.jpg

brake8.jpg

brake9.jpg

brake10.jpg

rickparmar said:
how much is the second hand kit costing you mate ?

In negotiation! Owner was looking for 400 but if I would need to replace discs and/or pads that starts to make a new kit look better value.

They arent brilliant tbh - pads are fairly worn, still got a few thousand left in them tho. Discs look a bit scored i'd prob replace them at the same time.

They'd maybe do u six months depends how many miles u do i guess

rodenal said:
They arent brilliant tbh - pads are fairly worn, still got a few thousand left in them tho. Discs look a bit scored i'd prob replace them at the same time.

They'd maybe do u six months depends how many miles u do i guess

Do loads of miles - over 20K a year. This is making them look a bit more expensive!