starting from cold

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i noticed over the past few months its taking longer to start my car, usually in the morning and on the way home - its fine if its warm

3-4 seconds before it catches sometimes longer - doesnt sound like a long time but it is.

what should i look for / check?

if i stick the meter on it what volt / amp should i be expecting? (meter shows 12.4v) - not been out in car today

it doesnt trun over slow, just seems like a while before it catches

You should be expecting 14ish with the engine running.

And dont put the meter on the pos and neg terminals unless you want to break things. measure it the same way you would attach the jump start cables..

My cars the same mate, been that way for about 2 years - turns strongly for a couple of seconds then catches?

Never bothered me enough to get it fixed tbh

Mine's been like this since I brought is as well (had it about 3 months). Although its only when I have less than 1/4 of a tank, seems fine when theres plenty of fuel there.:confused:

yes it turns over strongly as if theres plenty of juice in the battery, it just doesnt catch for a few seconds.

i cant say that its major. though i would like to sort it, its sometimes embarasing when your waiting for it to catch.

ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch vroooom

:ohmy:

you can`t test a battery with a avo as it could show you 14v but still be duff. If you want it te#sting go to a battery place they will normally do the test for free.

you can only really test a battery under load