330mm AP RACING Brembo Disk Upgrades GB FEELLER

242spot

Reaction score
Just got some great news off Ap racing!!!
The make a 330mm two piece disk assmbley to suit brembo calipers.

check out this link
http://www.drivertuition.com/LeonCupraBrakes.htm

I think this is an excellent option to get away from the expensive brembo rotors which warp! Plus 330mm means a bit more stopping power
The caliper needs some 7mm spacers and longer bolts but thats a piece a cake.

P/N CP5175-46CG8 and CP5175-47CG8 left/right
AP racing said they were £252 plus VAT not cheap but a really good apgrade!!!
I'm gonna ring and get group buy prices today
I know loads of you have brembos so let me know if you keen on this

Scott

Bager5 does very similar at a very good price over on Seatcupra.net or you could just buy

:arco: A pair of LCR 323mm EBC turboGroved discs £167 Deliverd from David at Ricerocketuk on 01372843675 and 07831147200:arco:

Hes a top Bloke and service was A1

£252 plus Vat?

Kit Comprises
2 x AP 330mm x 28mm slotted rotors - Choice of slot design
2 x Bespoke AP alloy bells - produced by AP solely for us. Not a machine shop job with inappropriate specification alloy.
4 x High Tensile bolts
4 x Spacers
Prices £590.96 + VAT.

252 +VAT each disk only
i'm just going to make up the spacers myself 590 +vat was for the whole lot
252 is Ap racing supplied disks.
cheers

ps chris i thought you were porsche braked???

242spot said:
252 +VAT each disk only
i'm just going to make up the spacers myself 590 +vat was for the whole lot
252 is Ap racing supplied disks.
cheers

ps chris i thought you were porsche braked???

Is the £252 including the bells? If not, I wouldn't bother.

Making spacers yourself is something I'd only try if you definately know what you're doing. Don't forget you'll need longer bolts too. Same as the wheel spacers.

£86 for spacers and bolts might seem a lot, but I'd rather pay a little for peace of mind.

Yep, Porsche discs and calipers. But even Porsche discs wear out with enough abuse :)

HmanS3 said:
Bager5 does very similar at a very good price over on Seatcupra.net or you could just buy

:arco: A pair of LCR 323mm EBC turboGroved discs £167 Deliverd from David at Ricerocketuk on 01372843675 and 07831147200:arco:

Hes a top Bloke and service was A1
Just fitted a setof these from Bill,much cheaper than seat/brembo discs and they are coated and grooved too.Bills 2 piece discs are very simular to above but anodised blue.

ANDYTQ said:
Just fitted a setof these from Bill,much cheaper than seat/brembo discs and they are coated and grooved too.Bills 2 piece discs are very simular to above but anodised blue.

Hey Andy, hows it going? How do the new disks perform then??

They seem fine so far jo ,a bit more bite than stock discs,but then i dont do much milage,but no fitment issues and they are not coroding as quick as previous discs.I just need a excuse for a long blast to try them out properly,any club events coming up,apart from inters.

Brembo own AP so I would expect the overall cost of AP and Brembo eqivalent stuff to be quite similar!

Hi Guys,

The link that was posted to my site -drivertuition.com/ LeonCupraBrakes

details what we ended up putting on our Leons. We had the UK distributor for AP sort out bells, rotors, fixings etc. and ended up with brakes that take punishment without wilting. We were having serious disc issues every track session with the LCRs until we fitted these discs and we went through quite a few alternatives. In my experience AP and Performance Friction produce the best kit for track and race and I would never recommend anything that doesn't work. We had a company that wanted us to promote their products and even fitted them to one of our cars but they were seriously poor, though they LOOKED great!
The bells, which we keep a stock of now, retail out at £90+VAT each. The discs (330mm slotted, straight or curve grooved) are available off the shelf, though we can supply probably at the same cost as any other supplier as we buy them from the distributor that supplies all the tuning companies out there.
With brakes you get what you pay for. These rotors were outbraking a couple of ceramic-shod 360CS at Mallory last week and are still spot on, so we know they work. If you want brakes that can pull about 1.4g with sticky rubber then go the AP route. If you just want BIG brakes that look the part then go the style route.

Hope this is of some help
Mike
p.s. I'm not a tuning company and don't want to sell brakes; I'd rather put you in touch with the supplier, but they don't do Joe Public as they deem them too much trouble. Personally, I'd rather teach people how to drive better.:racer: