Autotrader... Put it in the Magasine or just the web?

jedwa115

Reaction score
I'm selling an S3. It's a totally legit, very well cared for car. Is there any point in paying the extra to put it in the Autotrader Magazine or just go for the "web only" Autotrader option.

I'm figuring that the web only is loads cheaper and that anyone buying an S3 is likely to be quite young, web-savvy and they never bother buying the mag?

Views and actual experiences welcomed... Cheers

you can place it on Pistonheads and ASNET for free. Nore places you advertise more interest will be generated. At the end of the day it will come down to price whether ti sells.

Yeh, Piston heads is good, I've just sold my S4 on there.

Like you say, I think most people just look at the web now instead of sifting your way through the mag.

Just the website. Every time over the past 2 years I have sold cars or my partner has, we just advertise on Pistonheads (Free) and AT on the Web which is like £17.99 for 2 weeks. Although they tend to leave it up longer than that. EVEN after its sold LOL

Pistonheads gets great exposure. Def one of the first places I would go and as its free, makes sense.

I've sold many cars using just web based Autotrader. People look at the web on their lunch break, they tend not to go get the magazine any more.

Thought I was about right... Does anyone out there buy the mag?!

Go on then, kinda off topic, Abs Red, 51 Plate, The extra toys inc Sunroof, chrome mirrors, black leather electrics, arm rest, cruise, 6CD, Facelift CD inside, dipping rear-view, 80k miles, fsh, cambelt and waterpump done....

Price? 10k asking?

Only time I used the magazine to be honest was in Smiths/Tescos or local shop waiting for her Indoors to stop faffing around!

Doesn't sound too far off the mark mate, I would have said 9k-10k.

Another think with Autotrader, you get flinking idiots phoneing trying to sell you foney advertising. I hate them!!!

tonyt102 said:
Looks good mate.

Good luck with the sale. What do you fancy next?

Thanks!

An extension on the house and I've got a old Hilux pick-up with big *** wheels! Never thought I could have so much fun going slow! Once the building work is done, I'm after a Scooby WRX sportswagon I reckon. Discrete and quick and practical and cheap.

Take out the "First to see will buy!" - it sounds naff and you don't need it in your ad.

Professionally Installed Bluetooth Nokia Car Kit

if its hidded might add that as some people may associate that with the rep phone holders that are screwed to the console but other than that looks good

also full on rear and full on front shots can look good

lovely looking car mate, the ad sounds good.

what exactly is a moderate revo remap?

you also may want to remove the line that says ''- Quattro Permanent 4WD'' as it isnt, and suggesting it is might make some people think you dont really know that much about the car your selling, which im sure is not true :)

Prawn said:
lovely looking car mate, the ad sounds good.

what exactly is a moderate revo remap?

you also may want to remove the line that says ''- Quattro Permanent 4WD'' as it isnt, and suggesting it is might make some people think you dont really know that much about the car your selling, which im sure is not true :)

Moderate means I haven't had every last bhp wrung out of the car. It's only been wound up 30 bhp or so.

Fair comment. Maybe I don't! I just drive (drove) it.

ah! i understand :)

sorry if it sounded like i was having a go at you matey! it wasnt ment to sound like that AT ALL, just trying to help :)

good luck with the sale, hope you enjoy the scooby!

Prawn said:
ah! i understand :)

sorry if it sounded like i was having a go at you matey! it wasnt ment to sound like that AT ALL, just trying to help :)

good luck with the sale, hope you enjoy the scooby!

Nah, didn't take it like that. I'm pretty hard to offend!

Help appreciated.