New Look what do you think??

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Want to change my wheels for somethign more original and just cant make my mind up!

Have to be black as i think they look best with silver cars.

So im thinking either, RS4 reps 18" and send them off to be done in black, Or.... a set of S3 Standard avus wheels 17" and get them done in black?

One more thing if i go from 18" down to 17" will my car sit lower? Its lowered on H&R's im guessing it will?

Jason

The 17" and 18" wheels have the same rolling radius generally speaking, so the car shouldn't really sit any lower, although it might appear so due to the 17" tyres curving back into the wheel well.

If you look at pictures of my car you will see the RS4's in black, and someone today posted a picture of a silver S3 on black Avus wheels which looked great.

Personally I'd go for the 17" wheels as the ride comfort is so much better and its a less common wheel.

Brian from Star Performance had black/dark grey S3 Avus wheels on his pale yellow skoda VRS. Put on without the centres, looked really good.

Cheers guys ive made my mind up now then :D

Now where can i get some 17: s3 avus wheels any-one got a set lying around they wanna sell me??

Jason

I will have my set for sale from the S3 I bought this weekend. Just waiting on my Reps!

Originally thinking black to be honest,

Let me know when i cna have those S3 wheels off you then mate,

Cash waiting....

Jason

I was just thinking of doing the same to my Avus 17's.
I have my eye on some CH's for the summer then I can use my black Avus' for the winter.
Has anyone got any pics or can photochop one up for black avus'? Preferably on a Nogaro Audi for me but also on a silver one for A3_Turbo?

Chris

Chris-A3 1.8T Quat said:
I was just thinking of doing the same to my Avus 17's.
I have my eye on some CH's for the summer then I can use my black Avus' for the winter.
Has anyone got any pics or can photochop one up for black avus'? Preferably on a Nogaro Audi for me but also on a silver one for A3_Turbo?

Chris

Don't do it!!!! CHs look awful on a noggy S3, and its way over done now.

Painting the Avus wheels might not be such a good idea on reflection. Black wheels tend to look smaller so 17's could look reall tiny.

Not Avus, but black RS4s on a noggy.

S3-new-look2.jpg

Looks photoshopped to me? Could just be the saturated blue putting me off though.

It really is the best looking S3 I have ever seen in my opinion.
:anbet:

Loving all your work Chris, performance wise and looks. you have a very good eye for what looks good, but I still think CH's look damn good!

I think you have converted me to black Rs4's rather than the Avus' though!
:o.k:

:yes:
rickparmar said:
chris is that your S3 with the black RS4s ???

Heh, just a bit of photoshoppery. I decided on black wheels last year but its taken a while to fine the right set to powdercoat. I should have these on by inters...

IMG_2082.jpg

How much are a set of MTMs? and what size are the black RS4's you photoshopped? 18"?

Thanks

The MTMs are about £1600 delivered, then £200 for the powdercoating, then a frightening amount for tyres.

The RS4s are 18's. Personally I think they'd look too small if they were black.