A word of warning......

danh

Reaction score
I left my S3 on the drive Friday night (normally in the garage). Anyway, got up Saturday and looked out and the windows were down - I must have somehow lent on the key in my pocket during the evening and managed to open them. It had been raining all night so the car was soaked (about 1cm puddles in the front). Spent fours hours with the heaters on full, hair dryer and cloths drying it out. Bit worried about under the carpets but it will hopefully dry out completely over the next few days.

Amazingly everything still works, and more amazingly it wasn't nicked!

Does anyone know if you can disable the key window opening feature?

Damn...what are the chances of that happening....good luck with the drying out...praying you dont get any nasty damp smells too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

you can get your dealer to disable that feature, or you can do it with vag-com.

I thought you could also get it reprogrammed for full closure with a single button press when you lock it? If you then held down the unlock by mistake, the windows would close automatically when the car relocks itself, which it does already if no doors have been opened.

Can you reprogram the key so that when you hold the UNLOCK button, the windows open? mine only does it to CLOSE the windows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes you can, mine came like that as standard.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
....or you could try wearing something different to tight leather trousers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, my secret is out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So far so good on the drying out front - everything still works, no bad smells (yet). The leather needs a good creaming (no obvious jokes there!) but otherwise a lucky escape.

All in all it adds weight to my arguement with my GF that my car needs to be in the garage - even if it's because I'm an idiot.

Merry Chrimbo everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Funky_Junky said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
- Enter stage right Vag-Com expert -

Opps I think he's left again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Audi does not have a one touch/full closure system like that on BMW's, the only way you can get this is to purchase a seperate system from someone like VAG parts

[/ QUOTE ]

My A3 has come with this facility (total closure) from the factory?! It closes the windows/sunroof and locks all the doors at the touch of a button. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I've been through the log book at it has an Audi certificate for the alarm aswell? I suppose its an Audi upgrade? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well it is definately not a standard option and cannot be enabled through VAG-COM. Not sure how yours has come about, as all other VAG's only have the press and hold closure system in my experience.

Next time I go down to the stealers I'll interrogate a technician to see if I can find out what the hell is in mine then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif