Cambelt Parts List

Pat

Reaction score
I work in the parts trade and I am in the process getting the parts together for a cambelt change on my S3 AMK..

Heres the list

Cambelt and Alt Belt
Damper
Tensioner (Cambelt)
Waterpump

By the looks of things there is a tensioner for the alternator.. Do I need this.. Is there anything else I`m missing

i'm gonna being doing mines this week. A parts list with prices would be great if possible. Will be looking to get the waterpump with the metal impeller also.

Pat said:
I work in the parts trade and I am in the process getting the parts together for a cambelt change on my S3 AMK..

Heres the list

Cambelt and Alt Belt
Damper
Tensioner (Cambelt)
Waterpump

By the looks of things there is a tensioner for the alternator.. Do I need this.. Is there anything else I`m missing

If you get a Cambelt kit, it will come with the belt and a new hydraulic damper/tensioner with seperate pulley. Alternator belt is optional, I would change it as it's coming off anyway. I recommend you get the waterpump from GSF and specifically ask for the metal impellor one, as in ask to see it before you pay for it, as they stock both! And since the waterpump is coming off, you might aswell change the coolant for some fresh stuff, so price in a couple of bottles of G12 coolant.
I see no need to change the AUX belt tensioner unless there is signs if wear like play or seizing.

HTH

I will buy all the parts from sachs.. As I have an account, will be loads cheapr than GSF.. But the waterpump will come from GSF as I got one for my TT from there.. It was just the alt belt tensioner i wanted to know about..

Pat, Fancy setting up a group buy for the kit inc water pump if you have the account? ;-)

Before i got the S3 I had a TT and got all the bits via GSF at trade.. Now Sachs are doing these parts I can get them alot cheaper (Cut the middle man) and being Sachs less you know its good stuff.. I`d be interested in knowing what people are paying for these parts and i will see if i can beat them..

Looks like I started something! Can anyone provide a difinitive list of bits and best/ROM prices?

Yeah if someone can give the exact parts then I`ll see what i can do... Or people who are interested pls feel free to PM me..

What does this include?? i`m guessing Belt, Tensioner, idler.. If you can get me a part number as I also have a direct account with Gates