When it rains ....it pours !

JustSports

Reaction score
I have one complaint about my S3, When it rains or the car is wet, if you open the window slighlty and take a corner/bend , the water pours straight in from the top of the car!!! Ive seen S3's with rain deflectors or something attached to the top of the door but makes them look like a Jap import IMO !

Anyone else find this annoying ?!

Guess i should just keep my window shut !

A design fault. A3/S3 are also very good at depositing whatever water was on the roof onto the drivers seat when you open the door.

My second S3 this one, when i was buying it i knew there was something that seriously bugged me with the first one but as it had been a few years inbetween i couldnt remeber !!

Soon as it rained ....it came flooding back (excuse the pun !)

jcs356 said:
A design fault. A3/S3 are also very good at depositing whatever water was on the roof onto the drivers seat when you open the door.

haha, just noticed that today - thankfully i didn't get it, just stood there and watched it it dribble onto the floormat

haha.....thought this might just be mine. Lucky has missed my seats so far and also happens to only do it on the passanger side. Ah well no i know i can catch it each time lol.

I do one of 2 things

1. Allow a passenger to get in 1st and as the rock the car the water falls off

2. Rock the car before you get in

Seems to work.

ChriS3 said:
Keep the car well waxed and it'll all come off when you go around the first bend.
Chris - but how do you get into the car first to go round the bend?

rodenal said:
God its worse in the snow

:) Oh yes, this got me when we had the snow a while ago.

Also when I wound down my window, didn't think about it and all the snow fell in !

I hate the rain thing, although funny if you have a passenger, they wind down their window a little and you go around a right hand bend.... :))