Just got a 1.8T Quattro! Need 2 tyres - which make?!

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Picked up my little baby last night! :hubbahubba:

Its an 02 A3 5 door 1.8 T Quattro Sport!

It needs 2 new tyres on the back so im trying to decide what to buy.

The front has 2 new tyres which are the Bridgestone RE 040 Y rated ones

The back has Bridgestone S-03 Y rated, but im guessing these could be an old model as cant seem to find them anywhere on the net?

So do I get two more RE 040's so all 4 match, or go for 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3 tyres? which ive been a fan of!

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Dave

I've just got some RE 050A's from mytyres they must be the new version.

Well loads of choice on this subject, I am running Pzero's great all round tire. Works in the wet and the dry! :)

So i trust you will post us some photo's of your new purchase!!

This is the RE050's i got today dunno if they're similar to the ones you already have.

DSC00010.jpg

Mytyres, no i just use a local company down the road, or Headley Tires near Newbury!

Guessing at your tyre size 225/45/17 £90 each on mytyres for p-zero rosso's.

This has been debated many times before and I think its mostly down to personal preference, I'd go with P-Zeros.

Yip ill post some pics once ive given her a wash down :yes:

So the Y rated should be ok? or would Z be better?

I know I had the Zero Rossos on my Golf and liked them so may consider them again, steering well clear of P6000's tho!

They seem to have run over inflated on the rears as have only gone in the middle :tocktock:

Does anyone know the correct pressure? their 225/45/17's

I may be totally wrong, but if you are changing tyres on a Quattro, is it not advisable to change all four? and also have all four the same make and model?

The front has 2 new tyres which are the Bridgestone RE 040 Y rated ones

I think in this case if you get 2 more RE040 Bridgestones for the back then that would be perfect.

Thanks Chris

:iagree:

Something like no more than 3mm difference, something about effecting the diff! Or something technical like that! :ermm:

You don't need to worry about the tyre depth thing front to rear on a Haldex equipped car, as the Haldex system was designed to cope with it.

That particular nugget only applies to permanent 4wd Torsen equipped cars (ie A4 up etc).