Quick Brake Pad Question

gaz_hughes

GumbyGaz
Reaction score
Just looking at ordering some new pads for my 1.8TQ, but been asked at ordering if mine are the pads with wear indicators on both pads or just on the one pad.
Anybody know?
Tried searching the forum but can't find confirmations. Audi said they're both sides, but the bloke on the phone didn't sound that sure of it.

Cheers

Gaz

Do you mean 1 indicator per pad or 1 indicator per side? Im not 100% sure but normally on each wheel one pad has the indicator and the other doesnt. Be careful as there are 3 styles of plugs on the indicators.

Hmmmmmmm from memory its 1 - i wouldnt even bother buyin those pads if i were you just get some without the indicator

Oh right, not as simple as I first thought then!
The bloke one the phone seemed to suggest 1 indicator for each side. Nothing about different connectors? Hopefully they'd be the right ones with correct style plugs.... Didn't even know there was variations...

Which pads do people usually go for?
If I went for pads without indicators, would that annoying (o) symbol still be on my dash?

Cheers!

no, the symbol won't come in as long as you snip the old connector off from the pad leaving ebough of the wires to be able to crimp them together. then waterproof it and connect it to the car harness. this will make your car think your pads are fine as there will be a constant circuit.