Tyres for a comfortable ride

batwad

Reaction score
I've currently got Bridgestone Potenza S-03 on all four corners and am soon going to need to replace the front tyres (rears were done when I got the car six months ago). I'm not a racer, don't throw the car around (well, not too much anyway :)) - it's a diesel after all!

Thing is I sometimes think the ride's a little harsh. Has anyone got any tyre recommendations that soften the ride a bit but won't be eaten away in six months time?

Try continental sport contact 2s I had them on my previous 140 tdi A3 and found them to be excellent over bumps etc also had good levels of grip wet or dry.I got 23ks out of them before replacing all 4.

I have pirelli zeros on current car which again offer good levels of grip especially in dry conditions and are very good on bad road surfaces.But I dont think they last well,will put contis on when pirellis are fecked.

I've just changed my Toyo T1-S's for a set of Conti Sport Contact 2's, and I'd say the ride quality has taken a nose dive!

Definately feeling more lumps and bumps etc through the steering/car, and I'm running them at 28psi all round to make it a bit more pliant.

The Toyo's were actually pretty good I reckon, apart from the fact that the rears were shot (very bad droning noise) after 14000 miles. They didn't half grip though!

I'll get used to the Conti's though I'm sure.