Stuttering rear wiper

ben

Reaction score
My rear wiper is behaving strangely. When you turn it on it makes its first sweep fine but when returning to its normal position it pauses twice at 60deg intervals. Anyone else seen this happen?

cheers

b.

Arvo, I had something similar, it came down to the wiper arm being bent the wrong way, so i bent it the other way and job's a good un.

Ben i've had the exact same prob on my car but didn't think it warranted a visit to the dealers as im well outta garauntee even though it was really gettin on my tits when used cos it would take a full couple of extra juddery swipes to come to rest. Recently was chuckin it down up here in A/deen so left the intermittent rear wiper on for the length of the journey (took bout 1/2 hour) after a couple of minutes the timing became more regular and now it seems to behave itself when used as a single swipe which im used to doing.
Hope this exercise sorts yours too!

all my s3's have had this from new. Audi have set up the rear arm and replaced the blades on more than one occasion.

Mine was stuttering slightly, I left it on for half an hour of so whilst washing the car.....now seems completely cured /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mine was working perfectly till I read these posts-now all over the place !!! Spooky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif