Recaro's Hurt my back!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it me or are the recaro's uncomfortable! This is a my second S3 and I find that the bottom part of my back hurts on journey's. Perhaps its my seat settings?

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has noticed this? I had a Mk4 Golf before this and never had any problems.

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Recaro's hurt my back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok lets swap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

theres electric lumbar support on the recaros for your lower back i find adjusting it on long journeys helps relieve the aches and pains. Inflating it to its maximum setting may be uncomfortable at first but it definately keeps your back straighter which is better and more comfortable in the long run. We have anatomical seating in my office that is ergonomically suited to each individual, I find having my car seat settings as close to my office chair settings makes a difference i.e. straight back, legs at 90deg to your torso. This sort of posture will also help with control and reach with regard to steering and controls
I used to get a lot of back pain when driving but its much less now.

Thanks for that. I'll have a go at adjusting the seat over the weekend.

Cheers
Rich.

Had no problems myself!

It does take a while to get them perfectlt adjusted, as there are so many positions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

for what is is worth, it takes a while for me to find the best seating position in my car - especially if someone else has been driving the car.. maybe it is due to this also..

reacaro's seem pretty comfy to me...not that i've been seated on one for a long journey. prob i get with my mkIII golf vr6's seat is that my shoulders hurt on long journeys. the seats are so poor that your shoulders don't rest on the backrest!!

I agree....Have you tried the New A3's Seats with leather.

I am not saying this just because i have one, but these are the most comfortable seats i have sat in.

Dave

Personally I have found the S3 seats very comfortable. I suffer from lower back pain, and in my previous MKIV Golf on a 3.5 hour journey I would have to pull over and walk about a bit to relieve my back. I have no problems with the S3 on the same journey (I have lumbar support on max) and I also drove my S3 all the way back from Germany with no discomfort

Dunc

The Recaro's are a nightmare.

I have tried all the lumbar settings etc., but it gives me such bad back ache.

contemplating taking the S3 Recaro's out and changing them when I buy one next year (hopefully)

guess at the end of the day everyones backs are different. what we need are custom made seats!!!

Right, I have sorted it!

It was happening because I had the hight adjustment set to the lowest it could go. This appears to lower the rear of the seat so you are sitting at an angle (almost like you are in a dip if you know what I mean). I have now adjusted it so it is level and I don't have the problem any more. Thanks to all, especially the person who give me the advice (the one who had mentioned about his office chair and how to sit properly).

Cheers
Rich.