SUNROOF PLAYING UP

A3T

Every Dawg Has Its Day
Reaction score
Ive got a 99 T reg which I love dearly. Yesterday morning I went to open my sunroof ...opened fine...then when i went to close it, it didnt actually fully close...? I couldnt understand it...messed about with it for a bit but still no joy....When I tried using the tilt feature on the sunroof it actually closed fully. When you retract the tilt feature it went back to the almost closed position which i mentioned earlier.....I dont get it...Im now driving around with a dodgy sunroof...does anyone know anything about this???
:sos:

Sounds like its got a bit confused, i'd try setting it to closed, then get out the car and use the key to make it open and close fully a couple of times, might help it along.

I'll give that a try although i didnt realise by using the key it opens the sunroof aswell..i thought that it only opens the windows...or closes the windows and sunroof if its open...sounds confusing i know!
:blink:

ah it might not open it, but defo closes it so give that a try, worth a shot lol

rodenal said:
Sounds like its got a bit confused, i'd try setting it to closed, then get out the car and use the key to make it open and close fully a couple of times, might help it along.

Tried this last night but it didnt do the trick...:crying:..thanks anyway

HTC said:
Pull the motor cover off and manually wind it. Try to feel if its binding.

How do i get the motor cover off???
:confused:

You can just pull it off mate, its a bit stiff but you wont break anythin