4WD problem

alan_s3

Reaction score
hi guys, i was driving round town lastnite and my 4wd stoped working, its just running front wheel drive at the moment, so i foned a couple of people this morning and they say it might be the fuse for the haldex does anyone have a idea where this is? or anyother ideas what could be wrong? thanks very much for help:icon_thumright:

Probably is the fuse but shouldnt blow in the first place. Is your handbrake light going off when you unlock it? Best thing would be to scan it with vag com to see whats caused the problem.

yes the lightis goin off, but now in the past 2 mornings the traction light is stayin on o not goin off so a have no traction aswell, when you turn the car off then back on again the tractin is workin, am goin to get someone with vag-com the day he charges 30 bucks does that sound ok?

does anyone know where the best place is to get a haldex controler a think thats whats wrong with the car, got a quote from audi and it was £514+vat there must be some other places that do them cheepr any ideas? or any second hand? thanks for info:icon_thumright:

alright buddy. Have you asked martin to run his diagnostic thing on it. see what faults it picks up. The yellow triangle on the dash also means theres a fault present on the ecu. might not mean your traction control's not working.

If your gonna need a replacement haldex why not buy an uprated one from star. £500+ vat. Then you get more aggressive 4wd :hubbahubba:

either that or there was one on piston heads for a £100 used but working

alrite gaz martins coming at 3 to the workshop not sure if his comp will tell me much, theres a place next to rapid car wash with vag-com for £20 think al give that a go and see what it says, just had a look at the unit on piston heads sounds good but am always paranoied incase it doesnt work lol i have never heard of a car with so many common faults as the s3. thanks guys:icon_thumright:

his diagnostic machine should be fine. its read faults before on our previous vag cars. think it'l tell you whats happening. know how you feel mate buying second hand, but sometimes you gotta take a chance.

You can always try my haldex unit to make sure thats defo the cause